Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acoustic Songs!

Options
  • 01-12-2005 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I'm playin a bit of an session in a pub at home on sat night. Its just a small pub where a few of us get together and jam about once a month, there's a few guitars, bongos and a banjo.. It cool cause theres always a good vibe and atmosphere in the pub..

..anyway the way it works is we all learn new songs and try them out, so everybody comes away with some new musicand i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on good acoustics songs that i could learn for saturday night??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Any particular style of music?

Turin Brakes - The Underdog
    Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (Its in an awkward tuning but sounds beautiful when done well)
    Anything by Damien Rice etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats.

From the new Bravia LCD TV ad. All the colourful bouncing balls!

http://www.myspace.com/josegonzalezmusic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 stoneybuckets17

No style in particular, something a bit different! I play a bit of damien rice but the voice catches me on alot of his stuff (the highhhh parts!)

I'm jus startin to get into jose gonzales, got crosses last wk, real cool chillout album. dunno would i be able for it on the guitar tho!

...cheer's for the link too, was just talkin about that add with the lads I live with

dunno would i be able for it on the guitar tho!

It's not as tricky as it sounds - http://rapidshare.de/files/8412240/Gons_lez__Jos__-_Heartbeats.pdf.html

Thats a PDF of the tab.

• Advertisement

Whats the best way of viewing that??

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Can I view it with antthing else??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I would like to hear "Old Man" by Neil Young and "Lost Cause" by Beck (in fact I'm pretty sure there's even a banjo in the Neil Young one).

• Advertisement

Cool cheer's for that,l i'l give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

One of the best acoustic songs I've heard in recent years is Albert Niland's cover version of Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights. Absolutely amazing version, it sends shivers down the spine. Tom Dunne used to play it a lot.

B.

Ya I remember when Tom Dunne was playin that..

Speaking of songs that give you a shiver down your spine! Johnny Cash's 'Hunt' is definatly up there!

...........any other suggestions for powerful acoustic songs??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Speaking of songs that give you a shiver down your spine! Johnny Cash's 'Hunt' is definatly up there!

Yeah that's a great tune alright, but I think you mean "Hurt" ;)

B.

typo.. my bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    It's not as tricky as it sounds - http://rapidshare.de/files/8412240/Gons_lez__Jos__-_Heartbeats.pdf.html

Thats a PDF of the tab.

any links to sites offering other such goodness ?
    :v:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

try the version of jump, by mary lou lord, its lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭lovell

What about Time after time, the matchbox twenty version, it's acoustic and sounds really good

parasite wrote:
    any links to sites offering other such goodness ?
    :v:

Its a tab I exported from Guitar Pro 5, if you want any other specific tabs in that format just PM me.

Advertisement