Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4th in the league

• 01-12-2005 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

can we have a round of appreciation for rafa benitez...

:v: :v: :v: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D:D:D:D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

:d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

A round of appreciation eh?

Fair play mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

He can have one at the end of the season if they're still there ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

haha we dont want 4th now, rafa is after 2nd place as we all know chelsea wont be caught

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

lets just wait and see come the end of the season;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

The end of the season will decide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

wat 4 yous stay fourth or fifth every season u got your place back well win the premier league and ill clap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭finlma

chiller wrote:
    wat 4 yous stay fourth or fifth every season u got your place back well win the premier league and ill clap

Can someone translate that message into English.

Liverpool won't finish any higher than 4th I reckon.

chiller wrote:

Learn to type before visiting this site again, thanks.
    galwaydude wrote:
    haha we dont want 4th now, rafa is after 2nd place as we all know chelsea wont be caught

I thought 4th was his target ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

chiller wrote:

unga bunga, captain caveeeeeeeeeman!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Get the clap more like ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

If it wasn't for the World Club Championship, I would be very confident of Liverpool finishing in second place. But seeing as they have to fly half-way around the World and then resume their league campaign, that might upset their domestic form....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

i think liverpool will finish second.They have improved a hell of alot since last season considering we won the CL. I can see only Utd challanging liverpool for second as unfortunaely unless arsenal replace veira then they wont be competing for the top prise for a while.

Finally liverpool get the praise they deserve after years of underachievement and sniggers from rival fans. Lets go for the title this season.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Praise for finishing 2nd!!! Give me a break. Your meant to be one of the biggest clubs in england and u think you deserve praise for finishing second!! It seems that a lot of liverpool fans on here were not born back the last time liverpool won the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

While we're on the subject of congratulations for 4th place, how about Martin Jol?

;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

They are looking good and play good football. If they can stay injury freeish they could still be there alright, but I cannot see Arsenal tripping around for the year and are bound to put a good run together.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

While we're on the subject of congratulations for 4th place, how about Martin Jol?

;)

I sais at the start of the season that Spurs would finish in the top 4. They are a good side and I still expect them to finish in the top 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Kingp35 wrote:
    I sais at the start of the season that Spurs would finish in the top 4. They are a good side and I still expect them to finish in the top 4

Think they are lacking a bit of creativity from what I have seen in last few weeks. Playing four central midfielders at the moment. Only on Monday after bringing on a winger did they look like opening up Pompey

Stilol think they will coem in fourth thou. Jol will buy in Jan

Big Nelly wrote:
    Think they are lacking a bit of creativity from what I have seen in last few weeks. Playing four central midfielders at the moment. Only on Monday after bringing on a winger did they look like opening up Pompey

No choice I'm afraid, Routledge not fully fit, Reid doesn't have the pace to open people up and Lennon is homesick apparently (and Jol let him go back to Leeds for the weekend, good management of the problem IMO)

Still, 30 points (four clear of Arsenal...:D ) and we (Spurs) still ain't firing on all cylindars, I'll settle for that.

Still think 5th place is a more realistic aim, Boro on Sunday will be tough.

No choice I'm afraid, Routledge not fully fit, Reid doesn't have the pace to open people up and Lennon is homesick apparently (and Jol let him go back to Leeds for the weekend, good management of the problem IMO)

Routledge done well when he was on, thought it was strange that Jol took him off for Reid. The look on his face was class.

Reids game isn't about pace, its about his passing. Always was. Never really has had the pace that a winger like Routledge has but still creates and scores goal because his passing is great. I would leave him on the team and pull out Jenas who did nothing in any game I have seen hime in
    Still, 30 points (four clear of Arsenal...:D ) and we (Spurs) still ain't firing on all cylindars, I'll settle for that.

Still think 5th place is a more realistic aim, Boro on Sunday will be tough.

5th or 4th. They will get a european place. Boro are a strange team, can be brillant one week(Utd or Arsenal game) and be brutal the next(Charlton game). Always a hard place to go

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:

Reids game isn't about pace, its about his passing. Always was. Never really has had the pace that a winger like Routledge has but still creates and scores goal because his passing is great. I would leave him on the team and pull out Jenas who did nothing in any game I have seen hime in

Then you ain't paying enough attention.

I've been at every home game bar Chelsea, and Jenas is getting better and better every match. I'd drop him to play Davids in the centre if we had a dedicated left-sided winger, cos with Davids playing on the left he drifts central too often and leaves Lee exposed, but as it is I'd have Jenas over Reid any day.

Then you ain't paying enough attention.

I've been at every home game bar Chelsea, and Jenas is getting better and better every match. I'd drop him to play Davids in the centre if we had a dedicated left-sided winger, cos with Davids playing on the left he drifts central too often and leaves Lee exposed, but as it is I'd have Jenas over Reid any day.

My point is that you need a creative player in midfield, of all the midfield player I would pull out it would be Jenas because rest of midfield offers more to team.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I have siad this a few times before that I think Reid is a far better player when he is played in the centre. He has great passing ability that is wasted on wing. We all know that he doesnt have the pace or skill to go past full backs. He had some of the best games of his career playing in the centre for Forest so I dont really know why managers insist on playing him out wide.

Lads I put 50 euro on 'pool to win the feckin league, im in zee pub for a munf if they do it. I suggest you do the same.............:v: :v: :v: :v: :v:

28 - 1 28 - 1 28 - 1 28 - 1 28 - 1 28 - 1 ohh yeah me addio 28 - 1 :rolleyes:

Thats a waste of 50 euro ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

28 - 1 28 - 1 28 - 1 28 - 1 28 - 1 28 - 1 ohh yeah me addio 28 - 1 :rolleyes:

Jeez you'd swear Liverpool were the ones 9 points clear, not 12 points behind!

you gotta be init to win it..28 - 1

Advertisement