Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unit Testing for Web App

Options
  • 01-12-2005 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

I want to give this Extreme Programming thing a try on a small project (est 110-130 hours) I've just contracted to do. It's just me, so I can't do pair programming, but my client is willing enough to engage more in the development process than they usually are.

System will be a web app, written using PHP & mySQL, generating basic HTML tied to a CSS, with a bit of Javascript.

I've had a look at HTML Unit and though it might suit, it's in Java, which I haven't used for a year, so writing the unit tests might be more of a bottleneck than it's worth.

Any suggestions for other ways to write quick unit tests for the browser side of an app (I can unit test the mySQL stuff easy enough directly in PHP)?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 l337

might not be quite what you want but apache jmeter is a kind of gui application (you can script it too) that can request web pages and pattern match for certain stuff in the pages. I use it for load/stress testing as its good at simulating many users at a time etc

(http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/index.html)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭frost

l337 wrote:
    might not be quite what you want but apache jmeter is a kind of gui application (you can script it too) that can request web pages and pattern match for certain stuff in the pages. I use it for load/stress testing as its good at simulating many users at a time etc

(http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/index.html)

Thanks, I337. Will have a look at it. Java too. Maybe there's no avoiding it. :(

Advertisement