Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damn waterproof trousers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

freewing wrote:
    I drive a wing and theres a lot of rain protection on the bike ( great big fairing). Eric
    booo glorified car-bike!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Horatio

Garibaldi wrote:
    My, what a nice person you are, Horatio. Hope you're wearing rubber gloves and not standing in a basin of water whilst plugging in the Christmas lights. I presume you wear a tough, metallic coat.....with four wheels...... :rolleyes: Well, ok. Maybe not. Still, what exactly are you trying to get at with that statement? Are you marketing a new line of stainless steel jackets and pants? If you think that the level of protection I wear on the bike is insufficient, or incapable of preventing serious injury (within reason, of course), then I think you should find something safer than biking to pass the day.

I'll tell you what I'm getting at
    At 60 miles per hour a pair of jeans will offer you .5 of a second of protection to your skin when you come off your bike and lets face it, it can happen to anyone no matter how good you are. The best gear you can buy will protect your skin for up to 15 seconds of sliding on a concrete road.
    If it means getting people really cheap presents or non at all to keep me portected thats what will happen.
    And incidently a good pair of waterproof and armoured trousers
    will cost anywhere between 200 and 500 for a good set.I am always amazed to see guys driving around on a R1 or Fireblade wearing runners, a pair of jeans and a windbreaker, if you can afford the bike you can afford the protection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭japanpaul

Anyone know if the bike shops in Dublin have good sales after Christmas? I am in the market for trousers but can't afford to pay any more than E200.
    By the way, crotch got soaked again on Tuesday riding to work. Spent another 20 mins drying my trousers under the hand driers at work :mad:

Advertisement