Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to Borrow 6k

Options
  • 01-12-2005 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Hi I'll be looking at a few cars this weekend from around the 6k mark.
    Can anyoine tell me what the best institution for borrowing this amount? I'v an AIB account and Credit Union account.
    If there is a past thread for this kind of question please forward it on and I'll do my own work on this. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Jesper wrote:
    Hi I'll be looking at a few cars this weekend from around the 6k mark.
    Can anyoine tell me what the best institution for borrowing this amount? I'v an AIB account and Credit Union account.
    If there is a past thread for this kind of question please forward it on and I'll do my own work on this. Thanks.

The credit union will be easier to get the money out of but there interest rates will be higher. The banks will ask alot more questions but will be very competitive with each other.

Ask a few banks for rates and try work out how much the financing is going to cost you.

If you can't do it, send a pm with the rates and i'll do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

6k aint much,if you have a mortgage borrow some on your mortgage,tell them its for home improvement.
    or borrow from someone in your family at say 4%,im sure anyone you know who saves would rather get 4% from you than 2 or 3% from a bank.set up a direct debit from your account to theirs.

Advertisement