Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB - anyone managed a refund?

• 01-12-2005 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm one of the hundreds who are having endless problems with IBB. I've had nearly no connection at all for the last two months. The latest revelation from Tech Support is that I'm not even on the coverage map!!!!

I'm now trying to get a refund for at least the last two months. I'm sick to death of sending mails to support@irishbroadband.ie and getting no reply. Is there an actual customer services department? Has anyone successfully got a refund, and if so, who did you have to contact?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

Glowing wrote:
    Hi there,

I'm one of the hundreds who are having endless problems with IBB. I've had nearly no connection at all for the last two months. The latest revelation from Tech Support is that I'm not even on the coverage map!!!!

I'm now trying to get a refund for at least the last two months. I'm sick to death of sending mails to support@irishbroadband.ie and getting no reply. Is there an actual customer services department? Has anyone successfully got a refund, and if so, who did you have to contact?

Thanks!

I was promised a 2 month refund back in September. it has yet to happen and to be honest I'm not holding my breath. Not surprised it did'nt happen for 2 reasons which are

1. IBB are a bunch of muppets
    2. I cancelled my account and am no longer a customer ( lucky escape )

Sorry for your troubles:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

I think this guy PowerHouseDan is in the same boat, pm him and ask how he got on.
    Here
    and here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Be ready do all the trace routes and pings have the results and then ring them.
    Be ready to spend from 20 mins to 40 mins on hold waiting to talk to a person.
    Be ready to ask for you call to be escalted to 2nd level support instead of wasting 20 to 40 mins with the person on the other end who apprently doesn't know or will not ackknowledge that there is a problem.
    Be ready to wait another 20 to 40 mins on hold while they try find a 2nd level support person for you to talk to.
    Be ready for them to say they will ring you back and accpet it might not happen or that it could talk a day or to and they will ring as soon as you leave the house are are due to arrive home.
    Be ready that when you insist on a refund the person on the other end of the line will not know what to do as they do not have a prosceedure in place to deal with refunds.
    Be ready for them to say that they will pass on your request and insist you find out to whom and if you need to send the request in in writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

And dont send e-mails they bulk delete them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭g2e

complained to comreg about IBB

Dear Gary,

Thank you for your query.

Please be advised that we have no remit whatsoever over contractual matters. I would advise you to refer to the terms and conditions of the contract you entered into. Your contract is a legally binding document between yourself and Irish Broadband. If Irish Broadband have advised you that their final position is that they are seeking the charges, then we are not in a position to intervene. If they have not given you a clear response, then we may act as mediator to get a response from them, but have no influence over that response. In any event, we are unable to contact any operator on a consumer's behalf until after you have exhausted their complaint handling procedures as per their code of practice. If you are unhappy with any initial response you should be able to have your complaint escalated in accordance with this process. You should be able to do this by calling them on their customer care line 1890 56 44 56 and stating that you are logging a formal complaint about this matter. If after exhausting their procedures, you fail to get the issue resolved, please advise us of the complaint reference number and we may then contact them on your behalf.

I mean, ive lodged a lot of complaints, just cancelled direct debit, told them to cancel a/c...havent been in touch in 2 weeks now

• Advertisement
Advertisement