Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

router recommendation

• 01-12-2005 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

hi,

looking for a wireless router that i can stick in the shed and connect to from house. front of house to shed is about 40 metres.

the netopia 3347 signal strength is pretty low at this range. alot of packet loss...

tia..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

ok what i would do is buy/build a cantenna for the shed. then get a omni antenna for you house. Its cheeper than usings dishes and it means u can get any old router.

If you are looking a good range router though i would use this dlink
    here
    The range is susposed to be good but i dont know exactly. failing taht why not run a RJ cable from the shed. It can go up to 100metres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Arnott317

You could try something like a hi-gain antenna. These focus the signal from the router in a specific direction without having to build stuff like the cantenna and also make the router more sensitive to incoming signals.

I'm not familiar with the Netopia 3347W but you should be fine as long as it has a removable antenna.

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

hi gain is just a bit too expensive a cantenna can be made for nothing using a pringles tin or just 2 tins of beans. I would also we weary of leachers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Pricey but will give you the best range and least packet loss is the "Belkin Wireless Pre-N router"

Cal.

Advertisement