Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking your car??

Options
  • 01-12-2005 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Ok came in this morning to car park in office and as usual there is 2-3 spots where some driver has decided they are driving a tank and need to park on the white line....now usually this doesnt make much difference to me because I am used to it but it happens to be all the spaces close to the door and it is f**king lashing out this morning.....so I say f**k it to myself.....go to closest spot and pull up beside car...nice merc about size of Yaris......not sure what model but canary yellow so in all probability is a woman.......but as I pull up I make sure not to move my car over so I hinder the next driver into spot beside me....I pull up so more or less if this "person" gets out of work before me its the passenger window to get into car....now I parked perfectly in the spot....right between white lines....she/he was the spanner who couldnt park correctly even thou there is 2 big white lines to show her how and the car was alot smaller that mine(Passat) and they still couldnt park.....was wondering do people do this? heard a few people in my office have done this before

Please note cant do in shopping centre because woman/man will come out and proceed to beat the crap out of your car while they try to get in!!! security camera at work rules this out!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

what I hate is when someone in an adjecent spot to yours parks ar$eways, and then as a result you have to park ar$eways.

So you come back later to see that the other car is gone and you end up looking like the ar$hole who didnt park properly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Whenever the opportunity presents itself, I do this with either the 4x4 or 'The Van.'
    Both vehicles have that 'lived in' look, the 4x4 because that's what it's for, and 'The Van' because that's how it was when I got it. Anyone that wants to bash and scrape either with their shiny car is more than welcome to have a go, they're unlikely to do anything noticeable without severely damaging their own vehicle.
    I do take particular care to be sure I'm parked in the middle of my parking slot, so that it's their own lousy parking that has them in this situation.
    On a couple of occasions, I've even exited my vehicle through the passenger or rear door! :D

Wouldn't do it with my car though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

what I hate is when someone in an adjecent spot to yours parks ar$eways, and then as a result you have to park ar$eways.

So you come back later to see that the other car is gone and you end up looking like the ar$hole who didnt park properly!

In this situation I think people should be allowed to block the car in!! if they cant park they dont deserve to use the car park or be let out of it!! will teach them for next time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

maybe someone was parked arseways in your spot before you came and made the other party look like a plonker?!?

P.s. Your sig is messing with the system, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Big Nelly wrote:
    Ok came in this morning to car park in office and as usual there is 2-3 spots where some driver has decided they are driving a tank and need to park on the white line....now usually this doesnt make much difference to me because I am used to it but it happens to be all the spaces close to the door and it is f**king lashing out this morning.....so I say f**k it to myself.....go to closest spot and pull up beside car...nice merc about size of Yaris......not sure what model but canary yellow so in all probability is a woman.......but as I pull up I make sure not to move my car over so I hinder the next driver into spot beside me....I pull up so more or less if this "person" gets out of work before me its the passenger window to get into car....now I parked perfectly in the spot....right between white lines....she/he was the spanner who couldnt park correctly even thou there is 2 big white lines to show her how and the car was alot smaller that mine(Passat) and they still couldnt park.....was wondering do people do this? heard a few people in my office have done this before

Please note cant do in shopping centre because woman/man will come out and proceed to beat the crap out of your car while they try to get in!!! security camera at work rules this out!!!

What if the person driving the Merc had to park across the white line because of someone else having parked badly in an adjacent spot?
    It may not actually be their fault.

• Advertisement

el tel wrote:
    What if the person driving the Merc had to park across the white line because of someone else having parked badly in an adjacent spot?
    It may not actually be their fault.

Nah she was last in line so next parking space was the kerb and grass!! also one of the bigger spots because on the end to allow for turning but still she/he could park the bloody thing!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

I hate this too!

When I park at work, supermarket carpark,- I pull my passenger side tight to the white line, not on or over it, so that there is enough space on the drivers side to open the door without any major problems. Then some plonker decides because I've left myself that space that they can pull over the white line at the drivers side!

I've been so annoyed at times that i actually write a 'polite' note asking them to learn how to park and stick it to their windscreen. I also check my car over for any signs of damage and leave it on the note that details were taken and any damage will be reported- I know it sounds a bit extreme but my car is my pride and joy- why should someone think that they don't have to show any care and consideration to it!

Just the way I do it- and I've never had any problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Call me paranoid, but I always try to avoid parking beside vans (obviously) and coupes as their doors open too wide. But most of all I would never park beside a car that had a baby seat in the back or evidence of small children.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

maybe someone was parked arseways in your spot before you came and made the other party look like a plonker?!?

yea, I hate thought of that alright.

P.s. Your sig is messing with the system, man.

huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Or if I'm in a shopping centre I won't park beside the trolleys

• Advertisement

fletch wrote:
    Or if I'm in a shopping centre I won't park beside the trolleys

Parking your car anywhere in a shopping centre aint safe....last car I had....was going down to Blanch and parked in red carpark on second floor...now there was at max 10 cars there because it was a tuesday morning....wasnt in shops more than 20 mins....came down adn someone had reversed into car.....cracked the whole light on the back and big dent.....they still drove off......:mad:

Cousin car again in Blanch....left it...was gone an hour.....came back and the whole side was scrached to pieces....either they had shoved a trolley up along it or hit it with car the whole way along...again no note left:mad:

Advertisement