Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's attitiudes to the European Constitution

Options
  • 01-12-2005 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,
    I'm doing an assignment for college on "Irish attitiudes to the European Constitution." Give me your opinions on the Constitution, are you against it or for it and why?
    Dicuss all about it here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Irish attitutes from who exactly?
    I think your best bet is to specify certain groups of people in the country (whether it be political groups, city / rural people.... how it affects others) and analyse their attitutes of it... how they compare and differ.
    Of course, many simply dont know much, if anything, about the constitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Buttermilk

Thanks, I wanted to ask young people and citizens, on what their opinion is. Yeah I will ask political groups too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

This is probably better off in Politics as it's a political issue and unrelated to the media.

As an aside I would agree with Whiskeyman though, me saying I am all for/all against the constitution means nothing in research terms, you don't know who I am, how old I am, what I do, who I support or what I believe in.
    I'm afraid old fashioned vox pops and surveys would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Buttermilk

Sorry, wasnt sure where to put it. You do have a good point there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Buttermilk wrote:
    Hi,
    I'm doing an assignment for college on "Irish attitiudes to the European Constitution." Give me your opinions on the Constitution, are you against it or for it and why?
    Dicuss all about it here.

Hi buttermilk, I think that perhaps imo you should do a survey eg. are you in favour yes/no and if so why so? I will fill in any survey you do on it or answer any questions. I think it is an issue that if passed will see Hitlers dream becoming a reality. The thing is dead in the water anyhow, enshrined in it was if one country rejects it, then it must be abondoned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

netwhizkid wrote:
    I think it is an issue that if passed will see Hitlers dream becoming a reality.

Can you explain that more? I still dont know which way I'd go in a vote, but I certainly never saw it as The Fourth Reich

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

This has already been discussed here and tbh we don't like people posting questions without their own opinions.

Here is a thread to start you off

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=238342&highlight=European+Constitution

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement