Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anonymous mode for

Options
  • 01-12-2005 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

would it be possible to have an anonymous mode for members who have a paid up subscription?

your posts would be anonymous, but you they would still apear in your user cp.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't understand what you mean?

What would be the benefit in allowing people to post anonymously (outside of the current unregged posting areas)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I think he doesn't want stalkers seeing his previous posts. I think similar has been brought up before, and it's not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

well take the sex forum for example.

you can't post in there anonymously.

i think it would be a much more popular forum if you had some anonymity.

paid up members only of course.

Steveire wrote:
    I think he doesn't want stalkers seeing his previous posts. I think similar has been brought up before, and it's not going to happen.

actualy no, never really thought of that........ interesting point though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

paperclip wrote:
    i think it would be a much more popular forum if you had some anonymity..

yes
    but where would it all end?
    muppets are everywhere.. even suscribers..

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote:
    yes
    but where would it all end?
    muppets are everywhere.. even suscribers..

i would see it as being similar to PI

alot of anonymous posts on there, and it's moderated quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

paperclip wrote:

Stroking her ego won't bow her out of the debate ;)

To be honest, Sex and Sexuality is about discussion, not about your personal problems. I don't see the need for anonymity when simply discussing these kinds of issues. After all, nobody is forcing you to offer the information.
    In PI if you need help with a problem, you may need to submit more information than you could comfortably say in public, to get the best advice on your problem. Hence the need for unreg.
    S&S though is supposed to be discussion only, so you don't really have to reveal all of your cards if you're not happy with it.

In reality though, I don't see it being an issue enabling it for that particular forum, provided that the Mods and Smods can see who the poster is.

seamus wrote:
    To be honest, Sex and Sexuality is about discussion, not about your personal problems. I don't see the need for anonymity when simply discussing these kinds of issues. After all, nobody is forcing you to offer the information.
    In PI if you need help with a problem, you may need to submit more information than you could comfortably say in public, to get the best advice on your problem. Hence the need for unreg.
    S&S though is supposed to be discussion only, so you don't really have to reveal all of your cards if you're not happy with it.

In reality though, I don't see it being an issue enabling it for that particular forum, provided that the Mods and Smods can see who the poster is.

i disagree, i wouldn't feel comfortable talking about my sex life on s&s as there's people on here who know my handle, and i'm sure the same goes for alot of people on here.

all i'm saying is, i'd say it would be a more popular forum.

if it's a question of logistics, no problem.

maybe it's time for a name change.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

paperclip wrote:

brown noser :p
    and I still cannot see the use of it
    there are sexual problems in PI all the time, as seamus said S&S is not a forum for problems as such, more discussion - PI is were you go for the problems....

Advertisement