Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP'in Problem with IrishBroadband

Options
  • 01-12-2005 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have a problem FTp'in to sites thourgh IBB?

Tried a few different ones - it seems to be any servers located outside ireland.

Don't know if UTV's servers are located outside Ireland, but I can't ftp to those either.

Wondering if it's a local thing!

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Ok I have whittled it down even further.

It doesn't seem to be related to country as I was able to ftp to some other amercian based servers.

To break it down to providers:
    UTV
    Verio

If anyone here is on IBB and uses UTV for some sites - would they mind checking for me.

The connection is fine - it's just when I upload a file larger than say 10k.

Thanks
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

For those that are interested! It was IBB that were causing the problem....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

tomED wrote:
    For those that are interested! It was IBB that were causing the problem....
    Why am I not surprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭Bambaata

sorry to drag this up but i am having ftp probs with IBB and was wondering is anyone else? In Glasnevin. i can ping the ip and get about 180ms. Its in Canada i believe and i can connect fine 95% of the time but my speeds suck. It normally starts at 20KB/s but slowly goes to 0.0 and sometimes picks up but rarely above 10. Thing is sometimes (hasnt happened in a week and ive been trying everyday about 20 times) it reaches 179KB/s and stays above 140 all the time. When i cud get it t that it was only happening about 10% of the time conecting and the other 90% was like what seems to be happening all the time now! Can FTP's be blocked etc? I have my ports open, DMZ on the ip for the router and security/firewall off!!!

Thanks, if anyone can shed some light it wud be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It could be a routing issue to the network across the Atlantic...

Or it could be an IBB issue...

it's hard to say without an IP to actually test against

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭Bambaata

im told a guy in china easily gets 100. When u say "it's hard to say without an IP to actually test against" what do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

This could go down the same route has hosting companies, etc

So the charter is updated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement