Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Contract

• 01-12-2005 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there. Am thinking of ordering Smart Broadband. However I noticed that there's a 12 month contract involved, and it mentions on the website that in order to cancel the contract "all outstanding fees must be discharged".The thing is I'm not sure if I'm going to be here for more than six months and the idea of 6 more months with IB's "broadband with attitude".....Well, it's just not happening.

Has anyone here terminated a contract with Smart, Eircom, BT? What kind of fees did you have to pay?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

daresie wrote:
    Hi there. Am thinking of ordering Smart Broadband. However I noticed that there's a 12 month contract involved, and it mentions on the website that in order to cancel the contract "all outstanding fees must be discharged".The thing is I'm not sure if I'm going to be here for more than six months and the idea of 6 more months with IB's "broadband with attitude".....Well, it's just not happening.

Has anyone here terminated a contract with Smart, Eircom, BT? What kind of fees did you have to pay?

Usually you will have to pay the amount outstanding so if you cancel say in six months you pay a further six months charges.

Most of the other isps are now offering six monthly contracts. It might be worth approaching smart and see if they are interested in negotiating a deal with you for the six months.

Advertisement