Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

k750i sat nav

• 01-12-2005 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭

guys
    i just wanted to know is it possible to get sat nav on a k750i. i can get a copy of route 66 mobile software but the question is will it work on the fone and will i need anything else to get it to work like a bluetooth gps reciever.
    hope someone can help.
    thanks alot
    if someones tried it please post it here or pm me
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

drdre wrote:
    guys
    i just wanted to know is it possible to get sat nav on a k750i. i can get a copy of route 66 mobile software but the question is will it work on the fone and will i need anything else to get it to work like a bluetooth gps reciever.
    hope someone can help.
    thanks alot
    if someones tried it please post it here or pm me
    thanks
    Won't work on K750i, it's Symbian software and the K750i isn't.

Not to mention getting GPS signls via bluetooth, is that even possible? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i am not sure if its possible at all, thats why i posted this to get some knowledge from you guys. maybe someone has got sat nav on their k750i that might want to share it with me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

drdre wrote:
    i am not sure if its possible at all, thats why i posted this to get some knowledge from you guys. maybe someone has got sat nav on their k750i that might want to share it with me:D

The only type of application the K750i can run is Java, so if you can find a Java based GPS program that can access bluetooth to talk to a gps receiver it should work :-)

Alternatively wait for the new N70 from Nokia, it has a 2 meg camera plus as it runs Symbian you will be able to get GPS software for it quite easily

thanks skearon. i might just get a p910i.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

gps through bluetooth is possible but i doubt its possible with a k750i. this is the thing
    https://www.blueunplugged.com/Products/Nokia_Wireless_GPS_Module_LD_1W_.aspx

you can get a cover for a 5140i that has a gps receiver built in apparently

• Advertisement

thanks commander for your help

Advertisement