Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unjust ban

Options
  • 01-12-2005 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Have pmed the mod twice who has *ignored*(whoops) both of my pms.

Post in question is:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054855459

Was never attempting to spoil the thread, yet somehow i've been banned for deliberate thread spoiling.

Unsurprsingly, Wizzards (non FS section moderator) comparable comment didn't warrant a ban.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

The Troll wrote:
    Have pmed the mod twice who has replied both of my pms.

Post in question is:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054855459

Was never attempting to spoil the thread, yet somehow i've been banned for deliberate thread spoiling.

Unsurprsingly, Wizzards (non FS section moderator) comparable comment didn't warrant a ban.
    Did you PM the mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Hobart wrote:
    The Troll wrote:
    Have pmed the mod twice who has replied both of my pms.(snip)
    Did you PM the mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

You were thread spoiling. You deserve your ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

Here's a list of all my posts:

"Yeah i've an 8400 and it's 8 USB-2 Ports"

-> Helping the OP as he'd asked a question

"Man hold out for at €900 on this. You'll get that through the buy and sell. Its a top end spec and the 9130 for €1100 wouldnt even get within a sniff of this performance. You should report that post for spoiling, as to customize the 9130 to reach the same spec as yours would cost nearer 2k.

I have a similar spec 8400 and its a fantastic machine."

-> This was in reply to a spoiling post:

"By the way, the new Dell Dimension 9150 is going for 1039 Euros."

I was simply stating that this system was worth the money. OP agreed with me.

"And what about the Graphics card? Does the 9130 come with a GFX card like this? No! Add another few hundred to your price. Underlying point is the same. Don't post about "better" deals you can get if you're not interested in buying it."

-> Again, simply stating there was a large void between an inferior spec someone was quoting that could be purchased new for the same price and the machine on offer.

Non-FS mod says "No offense intended, but it's not your sale either. Stay off the thread. If you have a problem with a post/thread then report it."

To which i replied "likewise" and got banned.

Furthermore, i've been banned before for saying that x can be bought brand new in <insert shop>. For some reason there seems to be no consistency in the banning process.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Had you any actual interest in buying the machine?
    Furthermore, i've been banned before for saying that x can be bought brand new in <insert shop>. For some reason there seems to be no consistency in the banning process.

Actually that strikes me as consistency as saying x can be bought in y for vvt is thread spoiling.

• Advertisement

Asok wrote:
    Had you any actual interest in buying the machine?

Actually that strikes me as consistency as saying x can be bought in y for vvt is thread spoiling.

Explain how you see that as consistent when a person in that thread said u can buy x brand new for €x. Somehow didn't get banned. I got banned 2 weeks ago for doing the exact same thing. How is that consistent?

And yes i made an offer in the thread for the machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Trolls post didn't seem relevant to someone elses thread but at the same time its not like he was actually spoiling the rep of the machine for sale, rather then opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I was reading the thread at the time and I thought The Troll was not spoiling at all. Would have said he was helping the seller more than anything with factual information.

Exactly, thanks guys. I also pmed the OP and he also said that my threads wern't spoiling!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

I think the view that the mod may have taken is you were spoiling the thread on the buyers part. A deal could have been struck where the seller was happy and the buyer was happy and you advised (spoiled) a possible deal.

That may have been the view. I dunno. Wizzard is constantly there on FS and buys a severe amount of gear so he really has no reason to thread spoil.

Nukem

EDIT: "Man hold out for at €900 on this" - like saying "thats not worth 500" its a form of spoiling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Maybe if there were proper rules this wouldn't happen. Some thread spoiling goes unnoticed and some doesn't, maybe if you made a rule that you were only allowed ask questions or make an offer thats it, no comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'd been watching this thread and considering making an offer, untill I remembered a dell wouldn't be suitable for my purposes. The way I see the FS boards is that either a buyer and a seller reach a deal that they're both happy with and then make a transaction or they don't. Both buyers and sellers are perfecty capable of deciding for themselves what they are willing to pay for an item or how much they're willing to let one go for.

I really don't see why people like you feel they need to intrude in the process with their uninvited opinions. Do you think the rest of us aren't capable of making our own decisions ? What makes you think you're more qualified to do that than we are ?

Nukem wrote:
    That may have been the view. I dunno. Wizzard is constantly there on FS and buys a severe amount of gear so he really has no reason to thread spoil.

I'm also on there constantly and have bought and sold numerous items off boardsters including mods. I got banned for spoiling before and admitted when pmed that i had been spoiling. As a result i didn't do it again as i knew it was a sh*t/pointless thing to do.

This ban I think is OTT IMO. Also it's worth noting that i had made the best offer on the system when i made that post about holding out for the full amount.

stevenmu wrote:
    I really don't see why people like you feel they need to intrude in the process with their uninvited opinions.

What opinions are you talking about? As you'll remember I was also interested in purchasing the PC. OP asked a question, i answered it. I then stated the system was extremely good and well worth the money. That isn't an opinion, that's fact. The PC is extremely high spec, fast processor, excellent GFX card, plenty of RAM and is a steal at €900.
    Do you think the rest of us aren't capable of making our own decisions ? What makes you think you're more qualified to do that than we are ?

Decisions about what? Your reply doesn't make any sense, unless your talking about the OP and in his case, he fully agreed with what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

stevenmu wrote:
    I really don't see why people like you feel they need to intrude in the process with their uninvited opinions. Do you think the rest of us aren't capable of making our own decisions ? What makes you think you're more qualified to do that than we are ?
    This is the crux of the issue. You feel compelled to give your "advice" when it is neither requested nor required.

That was at least the second thread in a week which I had been watching that you were doing the same thing, i.e. acting as if the sale/item was yours and saying how good it was, either to inflate the price or whatever. The first time I saw you do it I think I may have reported the post, as I thought yours was a second account to artificially raise the bids.
    The second time I saw it was in this debated thread. I posted in reponse to a fairly aggressively toned post by yourself towards another poster. If you use the FS forums as much as you do you're no doubt well aware of the rules. If you don't like something then report it.
    Admittedly I could have simply reported your post, but I decided not to, and to give you friendly guidance instead. This was my judgement, right or wrong - and I will stand by it. Perhaps I am now on a mods list for thread spoiling too - who knows.

How, exactly, is it "unsurprising" that I wasn't banned/whatever?

<edit>And if you thought it was worth €900, and that the OP should "hold out" for €900, why did you offer €675?</edit>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The Troll wrote:
    What opinions are you talking about? As you'll remember I was also interested in purchasing the PC. OP asked a question, i answered it. I then stated the system was extremely good and well worth the money. That isn't an opinion, that's fact. The PC is extremely high spec, fast processor, excellent GFX card, plenty of RAM and is a steal at €900.
    After already posting a spoiling post
    Man hold out for at €900 on this. You'll get that through the buy and sell. Its a top end spec...
    and someone pointing it out
    @ the troll, shamy posted that he will consider offers, please read the rules unless you are going to make a offer dont clog the thread up,
    you then put in an offer
    offer €675 so.
    below what was then the highest offer of €700, presumably in an attempt to cover your own ass. Were you genuinely interested in buying it, if so why try and raise the price ?

The Troll wrote:
    Decisions about what? Your reply doesn't make any sense, unless your talking about the OP and in his case, he fully agreed with what I said.
    I think my reply makes perfect sense, either people are capable of reaching a decision about what price to buy or sell at for themselves, or they need help. What I want to know is why you think they need your help, and what makes you qualified to give it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 BizMaker

I was watching this thread too and was about to make a bid, but you put me off with your aggressive attitude.

And it did seem that you were covering your ass with your offer …….

stevenmu wrote:
    I think my reply makes perfect sense, either people are capable of reaching a decision about what price to buy or sell at for themselves, or they need help. What I want to know is why you think they need your help, and what makes you qualified to give it ?

"That's just how it is, people are entitled to their opinions once their comments are fair and their facts are straight, regardless of wether they are interested in an item or not."

Taken from the "for sale" charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

The Troll wrote:
    "That's just how it is, people are entitled to their opinions once their comments are fair and their facts are straight, regardless of wether they are interested in an item or not."

Taken from the "for sale" charter.

Based on this, i don't see how The Troll can be banned.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Hi, I have a life, with some rather more pressing issues in it at the moment than dealing with disruptives, so I delayed my response.

You've conveniently forgotten to mention that this is the third time I've banned from For Sales, and unfortunately for you, three times is too much for me to bother looking out for your unhelpful and disruptive posts in future.

The part of the charter you have quoted is in the FS Moblies section, and bears no relevance to the rest of the For Sales forums.

You are indeed true to your name, and your ban remains to be of indefinite length.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Cult, while you're about, could you please unban me? I PMed you a couple of days ago and posted in my feedback thread. Thanks.

chrislad wrote:
    Cult, while you're about, could you please unban me? I PMed you a couple of days ago and posted in my feedback thread. Thanks.
    Ah, yes, there's a reason I ask people to PM me on the day their ban is up (I have a woefully erratic memory :) ). Unbanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Thanks, mate :)

Just got this in a PM:
    The Troll wrote:
    CuLT wrote:
    Permabanned from For Sales for repeated threadspoiling.

Fancy meeting up somewhere so i can punch your face in?

PS if you're going to ban do it properly ****stick.

The muppets never change, just the account names ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

****stick.
    What [blank]stick has 4 asterisks?

blankety.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

well,
    let me know when he signs up again, I have no problem banning that one as well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

lol.
    What a tool.

Oh and thanks for all the reports, I instantly go about ten reported post emails just on that one topic he posted (which now resides in the FS Sin Bin; it'd be a shame to delete it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

henbane wrote:
    What [blank]stick has 4 asterisks?

blankety.jpg

**** stick?

**** stick?

**** stick? //hmm...seems it's not censored. still tho :)

**** stick?

:v:

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote:
    **** stick? //hmm...seems it's not censored. still tho :)

Nothing wrong with a spank for John Herbert Frank.

Advertisement