Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those living in Viewmount Area RE phones

Options
  • 01-12-2005 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

According to eircom theres a massive line outage in the viewmount area today affecting the whole place

Only noticed something was up when my DSl would lose sync constantly this morning, i checked the phones and there was loads of static plus what seemed to be an engaged tone on there as well

So rang Eircom, they said there was a fault in the area and that it would be fixed within 2 working days

to confirm this i did a quick run around to the neighbours and the answers ranged from, the static i was having to having no dialtone at all on the phone

Just thought it was worth noting

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

stupid question but where exactly is Viewmount?

and 2 days? absolutely shocking :mad: :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

/me enjoys my BT Business line thats working perfectly down in barrack st area :v: :v:

Hey shinzon, maybe Eircom will say your line is unsuitable for DSL once they fix this fault? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

shinzon wrote:
    According to eircom theres a massive line outage in the viewmount area today affecting the whole place
    Are you sure? Viewmount is a very large area.

Regards...jmcc

Mossy Monk wrote:
    stupid question but where exactly is Viewmount?
    If you need to ask then we'd rather you didn't know. ;) Actually it is the large housing estate on the right hand side of the Dunmore road after the Ardkeen/Waterford Regional Hospital.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Cabaal wrote:
    /me enjoys my BT Business line thats working perfectly down in barrack st area :v: :v:

Hey shinzon, maybe Eircom will say your line is unsuitable for DSL once they fix this fault? :D

I knew you were going to say that lol

jmcc wrote:
    /Are you sure? Viewmount is a very large area.

Regards...jmcc

Well m8 it is Eircom were talking about, but thats what they said, theres a fault in the area and itll take 2 days to fix

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

shinzon wrote:
    Well m8 it is Eircom were talking about, but thats what they said, theres a fault in the area and itll take 2 days to fix

Shin

....and we all know eircom know exactly what their talking about at all times, especially the phone monkeys :rolleyes:

shinzon wrote:
    Sounds like a cable fault affecting parts of Viewmount rather than an area-wide blackout. Though I think that Viewmount may be split over a few exchanges.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

it gets better, today i wake up and the phone lines completely dead, ive gone from static and an engaged tone to nothing

Way to go Eircom, and if they put my line back with no BB i will go mental on there asses

So get it right Eircom or i swear a pox on you and your family

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

My line has been out from last Thursday morning (8.30am) to Monday late afternoon and it's still not right, I keep getting crossed lines or other people having conversations.

On top of that NTL cable went off air on Friday afternoon and was down for a couple of hours. The children in the area were worried they wouldn't get to see the Late Late Toy show. At least when I contacted NTL the woman I spoke to was very helpful and it was repaired within a couple of hours.

Last Friday there were 2 eircom vans parked up and the engineers were just chatting when I was leaving the estate and when I came back 40 mins later they were still chatting, still no repairs carried out.

I hope all of you who reported the fault and as it took longer than 2 "working" days claim for the compensation by contacting 1800 400000

Advertisement