Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

veins sticking out

• 01-12-2005 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anything I can do about veins sticking out of my arms. Whenever I get warm my veins stick out a LOT. I end up wearing a jacket or shirt just to cover up the veins. its very embarrising

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

I wonder if that was a serious post. Probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Veins are normal on your arms, particularly if you're male.

However, if they're really sticking out it might be worth getting your blood pressure checked next time you're at your GP's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Drink a lot of water. You veins protrude more if you're dehydrated.

Don't wear anything too tight that'll restrict the blood flow.

I find that if my torso is warm then the veins on my arms stick out more as well, so I tend to stay away from those vest-y type tops.

If your sitting somewhere where you can rest your arms (like an armchair!) try to raise your forearms a bit, rather than hang them down. This will let the blood flow out of them easier, although when I do this I sometime get one vein sticking out just at my elbow.

If it makes you feel any better I don't think its anything to be embarrassed about. Most of the people I know from rock climbing have veins that protrude a bit more than 'normal' people. Its usually taken as a sign that you've been training, or working out in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

yep I'd agree with Briano, nothing to be embarrassed about really, just normally means a low body fat index.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Atrocity wrote:
    I wonder if that was a serious post. Probably not.
    I wonder if you could either post constructively or not post at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

well, I thought it was someone messing, because of the name and all. But if not, apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

veinboy wrote:
    Is there anything I can do about veins sticking out of my arms. Whenever I get warm my veins stick out a LOT. I end up wearing a jacket or shirt just to cover up the veins. its very embarrising
    1. Get a tan. I am now assuming you have pasty white Irish skin and the veins stand out in colour aswell?
    2. Mostly skinny people has protruding veins, maybe you need to add a stone or two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

veinboy wrote:
    Whenever I get warm my veins stick out a LOT.
    I don't think its a problem. I imagine some of the ladies might consider it a little "hunky".
    veinboy wrote:
    I end up wearing a jacket or shirt just to cover up the veins. its very embarrising
    So when you are hot, you put on more clothes .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks for posting. Yes I am quite slim so that could be a big part of the problem. I'm not messing incase people think so, this really does affect me and my confidence. The top of my forearms have still a bit of a tan so it’s not bad on that side, but on the under arm where my skin is pale, its really noticeable
    So when you are hot, you put on more clothes .....

well, yea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

veinboy wrote:
    but on the under arm where my skin is pale
    Nobody sees there, not even the sun. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement