Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Digital equivalent of Sky plus?

Options
  • 01-12-2005 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am looking to get the equivalent of the Sky Plus box, only for NTL Digital. I know you can get units that record telly to a HD, but I don't know if they can be integrated into the NTL Digital menus like the Sky Plus can.

For instance, if the unit is just set to record to the AV channel then I presume you can't watch another Digital channel at the same time or schedule programs to be recorded like you can with Sky Plus.

Anyone know if such a device exists? I would prefer to have a unit that doesn't need to be hardwired to a PC.

thanks in advance,

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

id hold up a while as i know ntl uk are due to bring out a PVR box thats way better than sky plus, plus its HD ready.

Wait till NTL bring it out here, but you could be waiting a while.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds25412.html

If you want to get something now, you would have to get one of those dvd/hdd recorders, but they only work on the channel your watching at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sparky_S wrote:
    id hold up a while as i know ntl uk are due to bring out a PVR box thats way better than sky plus, plus its HD ready.

Wait till NTL bring it out here, but you could be waiting a while.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds25412.html

If you want to get something now, you would have to get one of those dvd/hdd recorders, but they only work on the channel your watching at that time.

Brilliant stuff, thanks Sparky_S - will hold on so.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is there any chance of that device being available in Ireland, considering NTL Ireland is now owned by UGC?

Advertisement