Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloys for Corolla h\b, 94 model??

Options
  • 01-12-2005 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

The wheels on my car are the factory hubs. I hate them and want to purchase some alloys, new or second hand.

How do I find out what size fits and whatever else??

I am te quite the noob when it comes to changing anything on a car.

Cheers

Kev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Whats your budget?

The buy and sell is a good bet for second hands,there's also a shop in carlow(which i cant think of the name right now) that sell second hand's for good money.

Afaik your PCD is 4x100 and your OFFSET is 38 there the two important numbers,after that its whatever size takes your fancy be it 15" to 18".

My advice would be stick with 16's,you'll have wheels that look a decent size and you'l still have ride comfort as your tyre profile wont be that low

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Have a look at rochford tyres. You will find your offset and pcd there, aswell as a range of good value wheels to suit.

http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/

When changing to different size wheels, make sure your rolling radius doesnt change. Ensure the radius of the new tyre is as close as possible to the radius of the new tyre (I dont mean the size of the wheel, but of the actual rubber.....for example 185/65 R14 is almost a perfect match for 205/40 R17)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

if you're doing any driving on bad roads, you should probably take 16" as your maximum,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dude 15's are the best all round for a corolla. 4x100PCD I know a couple of secondhand sets going cheap enough at the moment if ya want to PM me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭gearbox

get the wheels off a Toyota Levin they look great on 94/95 corrolla's plus it would be rare to have them on your car so you wouldn't be like most ppl with alloys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 DJBozo

I've got a set off a 2003 corolla with good rubber if you are still interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chesterfi14

Hi
    I am in Bray have you still got those alloys am interested email with details if you still have them
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chesterfi14

DJBozo wrote:
    I've got a set off a 2003 corolla with good rubber if you are still interested
    Alloy wheels
    Hi
    I am in Bray have you still got those alloys am interested email with details if you still have them
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 DJBozo

Just PM'd you there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Thanks guys for replies.

@Gearbox: Where could I get a set of Toyota Levin wheels?? These are the exact wheels I always wanted, look Amazin'!!!

If I could get my corolla to look like this (see below) I would be a very happy man indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

If I could get my corolla to look like this (see below) I would be a very happy man indeed.

any decent body shop will be able to get that kit for you. and fit and spray it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

http://www.splitrims.com/pages/classic.html

Was checkin this site out, and I think these rims are what I want. The GT40 and GTD5 in black are very nice.

Don't know if they would fit my corolla??

Is there nowhere in Ireland that sells these classic rims???

Advertisement