Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the best way of keeping my shiny white trainers clean?

• 01-12-2005 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I have a pair of white adidas and k-swiss trainers how do i clean them when they get dirty and keep them perfectly white without damaging them? Is this impossible? Coz i tried using a bleached toothbrush and also vanish but it doesnt work! Im prepared to waste a few minutes of preciious time every day to keep them white.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

baby wipes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tipp-ex :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭xxxxx

i tried baby wipes already they didnt work.

as for tip ex well when i said "without damaging" that included damaging their appearance and personally tip ex greatly damages their appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Throw 'em in the washing machine. :v:

I hate those muppets (usualy "rockers/moshers" [I hate the use of those words]) who believe white trainers are for "knackers", so they try to make de-knackify them by standing on them when you're off your gaurd. It really pisses me off. If I want my trainers to look as scruffy as they do I'll ruin them myself.

but i thought this would damage them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Get a toothbrush and some soapy water, easy job.

Whoops, didnt read. If the toothbrush isnt working they are probably stained, throw them in the washing machine.

Get a toothbrush and some soapy water, easy job.

Whoops, didnt read. If the toothbrush isnt working they are probably stained, throw them in the washing machine.
    your sure this does not damage them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

It shouldn't ruin them... You can also get this gel-type stuff that you leave on them overnight and in the morning they should be as good as new. I can't remember the name of it though, sorry! I know it comes in a tube with a brush-thingy at the end of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 little_green_fa

cillit bang.

seriously.

my friend uses it on her white cons all the time, and they truly are whiter than white, but they are canvas so i dunno if it'd be a little dodgy on leather?

maybe try it on an old pair first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

xxxxx wrote:
    your sure this does not damage them?

Well now trainers are a different story, they are built to rip/break/crummble within a few months. I use the toothbrush on my skate shoes but these are built to last a life time ;).
    It could damage them, iv never owned trainers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Cif, squirt a bit onto the shoes and give them arub,usually gets them sparkling again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

There are specfic wipes you can get for cleaning trainers, my friend got them. Maybe try looking in Lidls or Aldi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Binomate wrote:
    Throw 'em in the washing machine. :v:

I hate those muppets (usualy "rockers/moshers" [I hate the use of those words]) who believe white trainers are for "knackers", so they try to make de-knackify them by standing on them when you're off your gaurd. It really pisses me off. If I want my trainers to look as scruffy as they do I'll ruin them myself.

Ah, these "rockers" have forgotten that in proud days of yore their forebears possesed the whitest, shiniest runners of all

:v: < all hail reebok moonboots and skin tight black levis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

my friend uses it on her white cons all the time, and they truly are whiter than white, but they are canvas so i dunno if it'd be a little dodgy on leather?

Ah come on you don't seriously think that these are made from leather do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

How about using that paint/polish you get for touching up white shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Never put nike runners in the washing machine they end up smelling like cat piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Sounds like a laoda bolloks but it def works
    rub white toothpaste onto trainers leave for a bit them wash off with a clean cloth soaked in warm water... Very important make sure its the white kind non of that blue/green sh1te...

trainers are sparkling white [and also are minty fresh!!]

also another good thing to use is baking soda...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Another thing....use leather protector spray for trainers ya can buy it in barrats or footlocker. that also can help keep em clean and also make em easier to clean too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

Scraggs wrote:
    use leather protector spray for trainers

id suggest the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

xxxxx wrote:
    I have a pair of white adidas and k-swiss trainers how do i clean them when they get dirty and keep them perfectly white without damaging them? Is this impossible? Coz i tried using a bleached toothbrush and also vanish but it doesnt work! Im prepared to waste a few minutes of preciious time every day to keep them white.

buy black runners, or dont worry about them getting dirty.

Runners look better i think when they are a bit worn in. The 'bling bling' look on white runners is a bit much... and if they eventually get really wrecked, just go out and buy another pair and be proper bling bling. Sure those rapper guys wear a pair once and throw them away.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

If your putting runners in the washing machine always put them inside a pillow case. Good tip I heard years back from someone working in a sports shop.

Advertisement