Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet Problem Netopia Cayman 3300

• 01-12-2005 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Ok, I have an old PB pc that I am using for Eircom Broadband. I am connected through the usb to a Netopia Cayman 3300 series router/modem. Recently I have bought a new network card and want to go through the ethernet port on the modem. The problem is the ethernet port on the modem doesn't seem to be working, I have tried a reset and everythign but still no joy??I know the card works on the pc as I have connected another pc to it through ethernet. Any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

have you checked the ethernet cable

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

I have indeed, used it between the 2 pc's I connected up and it works fine, defintely think the router is knackered, do eircom replace them??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Yes Eircom will replace it providing
    its less than 12mths old.I replaced mine
    and received it in 2 days.You will have to pay
    if the 12mths are past.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

valerie wrote:
    Yes Eircom will replace it providing
    its less than 12mths old.I replaced mine
    and received it in 2 days.You will have to pay
    if the 12mths are past.:)

Are you serious???

Im pretty sure when cable modems break down they are replaced straight away at no extra charge?!?!

I despise eircom!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Yep thats what the Eircom man said!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If you can connect one PC to another directly then you are using a crossover cable and not a patch cable.
    The 3341 modem will only work with a patch cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

I used the cable that came with the modem(a yellow cable) to connect the 2 pcs, even when I connect the modem to my pc no light comes on on the network card whereas when I connect the 2 pc's together the light comes on. Thinking of ditchin eircom anyway, am only using them for the broadband and €120 every 2 months is a bit expensive. Modem is over 12 months old so if I have to pay for a new one eircom will definitely be getting the road. Think smart telecom might be getting a call.....

Advertisement