Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Collins Poster

Options
  • 01-12-2005 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I have did a broad search on the internte looking for Michael Collins (not the movie!) posters, I stumbled across one but it comes with two others that comes to $99, the poster is for a friends birthday who is a Collins fanatic.

I was wondering if anyone has spotted a fairly large poster of the man himself for sale anywhere in the country, Im not looking for an original poster, just any poster of Collins.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

just get any decent sized image off the web and get a printer to blow it up for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

By blowing it up, it looses alot of quality. Im looking for a good quality poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

There's a place on the quays which sells photographs..Not sure what sizes they come in but check it out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

exiot wrote:
    By blowing it up, it looses alot of quality. Im looking for a good quality poster.
    that's why I mentioned getting a decent sized image to avoid such loss ;)
    Any images of him aren't going to be great quality anyway (technology wasnt the best back then), so a slight loss in quality should make much of a difference.

I found a good portrait image and increased the size to give you an example.
    Check it here.
    picture21lb.th.jpg

I do a small bit of graphic work.... if you want the image adjusted or want text on it, drop me a pm ;)

Advertisement