Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got my 360!

• 01-12-2005 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭

The ease at which xbox live is set up is incredible. You also get a 1 month trial for xbox live gold membership. Need to get a vga cable tomorrow but I have to say that standard definition ain't bad at all. Got PGR3 and it's fairly hard on medium.The garage is beautiful. The HDR lighting looks great! I'm downloading NBA Live demo now. I think EA only released demos cause I didn't see a demo for COD2 or condemed or King Kong. I keep feeling the power brick cause of all the reports from North America but it's only warm and there's no indication of the problems encountered across the sea. Fingers crossed. Anyway, you'll have to experience the ease of live for yourself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 HornPilot

You lucky sod ya!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

played one today and i must say the controller was nice but i actually wasnt impressed with the graphics draw distance or definition of the picture, however the phsyics and particle effects were spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yea cant wait! one wonders how you got your hands on one... still good for you! (I have to wait till Monday grr....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

I work in a shop that sells them. I pre-ordered ages ago and if we got one in, it was mine. And it was. Although we got more than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

how'd you manage to get one tonight?

• Advertisement

I work in a shop that sells them. I pre-ordered ages ago and if we got one in, it was mine. And it was. Although we got more than one.

Wouldnt have any for 1st come 1st serve would ya's??

Afraid not, all gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

is there many demos for download?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

got mine too. haven't played it (no games) but it all looks fancy. they bundled the DVD remote in too (premium pack), saving a good €30 for an extra peripheral...

mate got it for me. he works in power city, who have gotten shipments, and do NOT (i repeat NOT) have any pre-orders... it's all first-come first-served

Hey mate did you get yours from the coolock powercity?? I totally forgot about them....I live right beside it...ill be there for opening!! Cheers for the heads up!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Davexirl

The ease at which xbox live is set up is incredible. You also get a 1 month trial for xbox live gold membership. Need to get a vga cable tomorrow but I have to say that standard definition ain't bad at all. Got PGR3 and it's fairly hard on medium.The garage is beautiful. The HDR lighting looks great! I'm downloading NBA Live demo now. I think EA only released demos cause I didn't see a demo for COD2 or condemed or King Kong. I keep feeling the power brick cause of all the reports from North America but it's only warm and there's no indication of the problems encountered across the sea. Fingers crossed. Anyway, you'll have to experience the ease of live for yourself.

I am having trouble migrating my Xbox Live account to the 360 it is asking me for a postal code but I dont have one, I cant look at my old Xbox and see cos its sold but I tried a few ones like Ireland, Eire, None, nothing worked anyone else having this bother????

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Got mine tonight, bought PDZ/COD2/Condemed.....only player PDZ so far....love the controller and remote is great also, will have to hook up my Ipod video to see what happens.....

Have not hooked up High def, the plugs are under the tv which is mounted on the wall and I have too much stuff under it, but still looks great...

Davexirl wrote:
    I am having trouble migrating my Xbox Live account to the 360 it is asking me for a postal code but I dont have one, I cant look at my old Xbox and see cos its sold but I tried a few ones like Ireland, Eire, None, nothing worked anyone else having this bother????
    It might be easier just to set up a new account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

Just home with mine.
    And have to go to work:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Just back from Liffey Valley.
    Was 3rd in the queue for Argos, but they have none in stock, dont know when they will be getting them in.
    No where else in LV was selling them to non pre-orders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

mcgovern wrote:
    Just back from Liffey Valley.
    Was 3rd in the queue for Argos, but they have none in stock, dont know when they will be getting them in.
    No where else in LV was selling them to non pre-orders

Bad luck:(
    Did you ask Argos would they have them in stock yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

just picked up my premium today in gamespot :)
    only got PDZ and might pick up Condemed later
    the games arnt in short supply right...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Should be plenty of copies of Condemned, most shops would have actually got it into stock about a week ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Did anyone buy a premium off the shelf today? if so can you tell me which shop, they only seem to have those "core" systems :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i had mine preorder since mid summer
    most places ive seen (in cork) dont have any premiums and people are buying the core one instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

They've none in Argos or Dixons in Jervis Street either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Yay I got my XBOX 360 w00t .

This is Focking amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Just picked up mine from xtravision in Balbriggan. Only pre-orders available to collect.

Doesn't look like argos got any stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

HornPilot wrote:
    Hey mate did you get yours from the coolock powercity?? I totally forgot about them....I live right beside it...ill be there for opening!! Cheers for the heads up!! :D
    no finglas, but i know someone working there and he said they got more then finglas so...

They had none dismorning in coolock anyway :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Got mine this morning in GameStop on Liffey St. Got there about five to seven and there was about 15/16 people in the queue ahead of me. Doors opened at Eight was on my way home by quarter to nine, Premium in hand with PD0 PGR3 and Kameo in hand. Excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

no finglas, but i know someone working there and he said they got more then finglas so...
    Powercity in finglas only had 2 premiums.

Jonny how many premiums did they have? everywhere else seems to be 5 premiums 200 cores...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Picking mone up when I'm home from college. Can't wait! I still don't know what game to get.

AFAIK everyone in front of me seemed to get a Premium and a good few behind I;d say did so anywhere between 20 and 40 i'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

jonnybadd wrote:
    Got mine this morning in GameStop on Liffey St. Got there about five to seven and there was about 15/16 people in the queue ahead of me. Doors opened at Eight was on my way home by quarter to nine, Premium in hand with PD0 PGR3 and Kameo in hand. Excellent.

All prebooks I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MadMoss

After driving all over Dublin i managed to get one in Powercity in Fonthill. If u ring up early u can ask them if they have one and they will wrap it for u provided u call over straight away. Try all the different powercity outlets as i called in to Tallaght and they had none and said they weren't sure about the situation. Also, if u could find out when argos get a delivery you could queue there in the morning as they don't take pre-orders. I was outside Argos in the square this morning at 8:20 and i was the only one, (by 8:30 there was about 4 of us). Anyways at 8:30 a guy came out and said they got no deliveries, and he wasn't sure when or if they would.
    Good luck to the the rest of yous

skywalker wrote:
    All prebooks I presume?

You presume correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Smyths in Jervis ST *MIGHT* still have an extra Premium unit. I pre-ordered one from them and one from Game to cover myself just in case.

Bought the pre-order from Game and cancelled with Smyths... That was about 4.5 hrs ago. They may or may not still have it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Got my 360 day, impressed initially with it and Perfect Dark Zero but I'm disappointed I'm playing it on a 15" Philips T.V., having tried to finad and buy a reasonably priced HDTV for the last three weeks (to no avail). It (the console itself) seems good enough, PDZ isn't anything I haven't seen before though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Has anyone tried this yet? Quite keen to see if you can run something like VideoLAN and play DivX/Xvid over the network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

God I feel lucky. Myself and my mate pre-ordered in xtravision. We got there at 12 when they opened and there was nobody there :) They said they had only had 5 pre-orders and got Premiums in for the 5. What made it really jammy was only being charged 445 for the Premium + 2 games (PGR3 and PDZ). I'm happy as a pig as Sh1t cause I used the extra cash I saved to get the wireless adapter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Did anybody manage to get one from Amazon? Seems my preorder was too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Wizard

got premuim system in xtra vision carlow with perfect dark zero this morning,
    had it pre ordered and sent the mrs to collect,
    she rang me from q saying there were guys walking away with receipts but no packs,
    but they had mine when she got to the top,
    seems like they only got a few in,
    got mine though !!
    happy days !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just happy I got the online prob sorted and we are good to go a gaming!

Advertisement