Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entire IBB Network Down... AGAIN!

• 01-12-2005 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Well looks like the Enite Irish Broadband Network has taken yet another turn for the worst. Like last time the Internal network is pottering along nicely so ya can game/ping other IBB users but noting outside the IBB Network. I'm getting sick of this.......

Oh yea when i try call Tech Support it says for technical support please press "2" but when ya do the phone system cuts you off?? Its crazy! Either a glitch and all IBB staff are sitting there scratching there asses with now calls coming through think "God our network is cool!" or the queing system is full.

GET IT TOGEATHER.... I'm using my Nokia Mobile to use this and GRPS dont come cheap!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

Was down for 2 hours from 7pm to 9pm. i also experienced the disconnected calls. in the end i gave up after about 30mins on hold. they had a message on the phone system about faults in carlow, bray but what about cork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Mine is only back there now.
    Ballymun mast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,637 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Just back in the last 15 minutes here.
    Based in Galway on the Ballybane mast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Why do people continue to use this appalling service after all the negative stuff that's been well documented on here and elsewhere about IBB?I finished with them 2 months ago only 3 months into a contract,they still haven't come to collect the stuff they installed,etc,and are still e-mailing me invoices to which i just press delete,im now with BT ireland and ive no complaints so far:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jonny68 wrote:
    Why do people continue to use this appalling service after all the negative stuff that's been well documented on here and elsewhere about IBB?I finished with them 2 months ago only 3 months into a contract,they still haven't come to collect the stuff they installed,etc,and are still e-mailing me invoices to which i just press delete,
    im now with BT ireland and ive no complaints so far:)

Just wait........:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Fair point, but if they advertised as irish yoyo broadband then we could have no complaints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

"up and down like a whores knickers" is an understatement i'm afraid. They'll be getting another angry call tomorrow.

What other short/no contract services are available? Don't really care what teh connection is like so long as its relatively cheap and reliable. I'd like a stopgap measure til i can suss out another provider. Metro looks interesting, but they seem to have their own IBB like problems aswell... not inspiring confidence at all.

Then its on to ring smart, and ring NTL and see if i'm covered yet. Oh, the joys of "broadband"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

same here gone from 7 to 9 and then gone from 9:30 until 10pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,637 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Some people do not have an option. BB not available where I am apart from through IBB-In honesty My experience so far has been relatively good with them-today is the first day I have had any issues in three months.
    I dont really use the service enough to be worried (so far) about one days interuption in 90.
    If it becomes a reoccuring issue then off course I would like to have the option to move-but I dont.
    Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Think this is the first non planned outage I've noticed in the year I've had it. The planned one the other week fixed my connection back up to full (or just shot of) 2Mb each way any time of day I've tried it, so I am happy for that outage at least!

This evenings un announced, rather inconsiderate timing was annoying though. Anyone know what they were actually doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Its about my 3rd non planed outage in a year. But 2 hours of no BB is better than 2 months of unuasable BB. It went for 2 hours came back for about 45 mins and then went down again for another 30 mins for me.

Im worried they are trying to come up with a way to give us 5 and 6 meg BB as other providers have been testing. Im agine how bad things would get then. They cant even manage to run the 2 meg lines they have now.

Im worried they are trying to come up with a way to give us 5 and 6 meg BB

Absolutely agree - my connection first went tits up when they introduced (and upgraded me to) the 2Mb service. It was fine before that. I am very worried that whatever they do to try and compete with other ISPs will completely arse it up. It took them until last week to get my 2Mb service working as it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

My connection went belly up again today. I'm in D15 and connected to the Atrium. It happened about an hour ago. It's a coincidence that yesterday following the resumption of service I received the following message from support@ibb

"According to our records, your request has been resolved. If you have any
    further questions or concerns, please respond to this message."

My email was entitled [irishbroadband.ie #63???] Service is still lousy! and was sent to them a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

Seems down again for me this morning, since 10am I'd say.

I can still access my sever from work. Although yesterday I couldn't get to their DNS servers from home so maybe it's not the whole network thats down...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

yep... it's back on.. don't know why I couldn't remote to my machine.
    Apparently down from 9:50 until 10:20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ComputerMad

Both their Strabane and Derry masts went down too last night.
    Why can they not provide a backhaul connection to all their high sites instead of sharing them between sites. A fault with their backbone router in Derry last night prevented users using the Strabane mast from using the internet.
    Also they charge to much in the north im paying €60 for 512kBps connection where in dublin they charge €48 for a 2MB connection.

Advertisement