Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how was your exam?

Options
  • 01-12-2005 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

I figure this could be the thread where people come to to say how they feel about the exam they just did, be it good, bad, or indifferent :)

For me, just home from Early Medieval World exam, it went really well :) I wrote about St.Patrick and his context.... easy enough really! I was pretty scared bout this cos I didn't know anything, so I was relying on my continuous assessment, but I'd say I did quite well on the essay! Everything up til the 3rd paragraph actually had factual information in it! :eek: I'm pleased with that ;)

So how'd it go for everyone else? My friends all seemed to find it easy too -- with a choice of 8 titles, you're bound to find something you like, eh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I did the reasons for the cult of Paddy in the 7th century. I kicked his ass. I think. Nice 3.5 pages done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I've a question about this exam, cos I'm in 2nd year history and just wanna see how it works this year!!

You only had to write one essay???

You are going to love this beanyb

1 exam
    1 hour
    1 question

8 questions given..... 8 topics will be up given in class choose one. 50%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Bleh! I'm indifferent about it. I did the Viking one, for some reason, and i'm wishin i did one of the Patrick ones. Its cos I was reading over my notes and stuff from what i learned on patrick just before the exam and i'd say i could've put more facts in it.
    The one I wrote about the Vikings didn't end up being too long and I'm sort of pissed off about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Grimes wrote:
    You are going to love this beanyb

1 exam
    1 hour
    1 question

8 questions given..... 8 topics will be up given in class choose one. 50%

Hmm. Interesting. How did you approach it? Did you dive straight in or did you plan out stuff or what?

• Advertisement

i did a rough work plan for the cult of st patrick question and then.... well.... i did it!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

Man that exam was so easy, Charlemagne, thank you very much. Why was he crowned Emperor? Couldn't have been a better q considering it was the only one I studied....
    5 pages... I'm happy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

So how'd Comparative go for you fools? :)

Went pretty good for me... I was able to ramble for about 3 pages. I don't mind that there's barely any information in it, once it's not a blank page :p I did the reasons for the terror question, and I was kinda controversial, lol... I was all like "they only did it cos it was necessary, omahgawwddd :rolleyes:" and that :) I tend to do that, when I've nothing factual to say, I start coming up with radical (or not so radical) opinions and going on about them.

In my mocks for the leaving I couldn't remember about Hitler, so I started going on about how he's a sh*te leader and he had no foresight (foreSIGHT ;)) and all this... I failed :(

Hopefully Goughy will appreciate my opinion more :p Ahh I love that man... I was quite pleased when he showed up :) He was kinda distracting though, cos I wanted to jump into his arms and hug him for bein so cool! :D

Sorry :|

(also sorry for the 7000 smileys :|)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

DaveMcG wrote:
    sorry for the 7000 smileys

"I'm no good at judging the size of crowds Ted, but I'd say there's about seventeen million of them out there"
    Father Dougal

Scraggs wrote:
    "I'm no good at judging the size of crowds Ted, but I'd say there's about seventeen million of them out there"
    Father Dougal
    lmao :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

DaveMcG wrote:
    Hopefully Goughy will appreciate my opinion more :p Ahh I love that man...

As an aside to history lecturers who were deadly I have two questions:
    A) Did Hugh Gough play music over his powerpoints this year (if so did he do conducting signs with sheets of paper?)
    B) Did you have Edward James who kicks Goughs ass purely due to his knowing Terry Pratchett and interest in fantasy?

The history exam definitely sounds kinda handy compared to last years. That said my English this year is DEFINITELY easier than last years-2 hours, seen papers wtf?

As an aside to history lecturers who were deadly I have two questions:
    A) Did Hugh Gough play music over his powerpoints this year (if so did he do conducting signs with sheets of paper?)
    B) Did you have Edward James who kicks Goughs ass purely due to his knowing Terry Pratchett and interest in fantasy?

The history exam definitely sounds kinda handy compared to last years. That said my English this year is DEFINITELY easier than last years-2 hours, seen papers wtf?
    A) YEAH! :D He played classical music sometimes (for the last lecture he played Beethoven's 9th for the whole thing), I didn't notice him conducting with sheets of paper though.

B) Yeah I had Edward James too, he's pretty cool alright, but I'm not a Lord of the Rings fan, so that didn't do much for me ;) But he's pretty cute with his little dickybow :p

I prefared Edward James, just because he was such a steriotypical academic type( posh accent, dickey bow, funy little goaty....).
    My exam was good, better than Medieval, and I got a nice question for the reasons for the french revolution. Now its time to kick back and enjoy not studying for my next exam, in tue. week so i have a decent amount of time left.

So I had an Intro to Programing exam there. Not as pleasant as I had imagined it would be but I'm content with it. How did everyone else do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I thought it was grand. Just tried out the two programs I wrote and they're both grand so I've got fairly high expectations

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Tax was grand. Stats tomorrow but it's only half a course so shouldn't be too bad. (hopefully!)

Went grand for me :) I'd say I got a C or thereabouts... I don't really mind what mark I get as long as I pass!

Fintan showed up :) He was wearing his leather jacket! :D I've seen a chopper beside all the bicycles in college... is there any chance that's his? :confused:

I also stumbled across this picture, which only adds to my theory...

fintan_hellsangels.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

rofl@pic :D

Easiest exam ive had in a long time. Was so easy that i started to think that i must be doing something wrong but we'll see ;)

If i do as well as i thought then along with my practicals im gonna get a very sexy mark :p

That exam couldn't have been easier. The simplest questions were asked imo. Could have easily been a lot harder. Managed to get all 4 questions done.

(The guy on the left seems to REALLY like Fintan. :))

all four questions eh. Doubt i woulda had the time to properly do them all so the 25mins i had elft over i just spent re-checking my work.

• Advertisement

Yeah i was a bit shocked that I got the four done too. Planned to do 3 of them but decided to the whole nine yards. Had 5 minutes to check over them too. If any of them was hard, it was Q4, but it was a pretty nice test overall.

Yeah, I was the same. I did 2 and 3 and then started to do 1, realised I couldn't be bothered and just looked over the stuff I'd done

yeeshk all 4! I did 2 and only barely got them done! I spent about 20 minutes going through the paper and planning a bit, though. I looked at the clock at half and I was on like question 1a! :eek: Had to start paying more attention, lol.

Had my first exam today -Language Acquisition and Disruption.
    Despite having the questions beforehand i still think i managed to fail :(

It was really embarrassing also, I sat in the wrong seat like a f.u.cking eejit [i just cant count these days] and when they went round checking student cards ur man was like ur in the wrong seat and was so nice about it which made me feel even stupider... i then had to get up and move which i did noisily [not intentionally] thus disturbing everyone...o the embarrassment...

anyway one down, four to go [and an essay worth 70%]

/me offers Scraggs a hug

*accepts with grattitude...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

Had physics yesterday which was grand and Maths 2 today which was ok also 2 down 4 to go!

Had my first exam today also, Critical readings, despite managing to end up in the serpentine hall twice I eventually got to the correct centre where I think I did quite well.

lmao orangerooster.
    So that multiple choice answer sheet was in the right place then was it ;)

• Advertisement

Indeed it was!

Advertisement