Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how was your exam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

mickomack wrote:
    Had physics yesterday which was grand and Maths 2 today which was ok also 2 down 4 to go!

Hey Mickomack, looks like I'm in your class then, good luck with maths tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Had language use and communication this morning... it went ok... The quaetion on netspeak was good, kept thinking of boards...

Have cúlra na nualitríochta anocht ag a sé. Kinda bolloxed no idea what i'm gonna write! gonna study my ass off in the coming hours...when not surfin boards of course...

anyway 2 down, 3 to go [and a b!tch of an essay worth 70%]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Had that "How the Earth Works" malarky. Went better than i thought but overall i stil think i failed (thats what happens when u go to like 5 lectures and only do half the tutorials work marks and then do sfa study).

37% ish overall i figured :(

Ah well i should pass the repeats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Bloody repeats! I'm gonna hate doin them.
    I'm goin to all of my tutorials and most of my lectures next semester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

^^me too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bloody repeats! I'm gonna hate doin them.
    You do realise exactly how many years I've been saying that to myself now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

^:D

That RDS place is bloomin' freezing.

I promised myself that after my stint in DIT that i would attend everything in UCD. That promise lasted about a week before the first hangover kicked in and i was begging the phone to just gimme another 10 bleedin minutes (which of course it didnt ...so i cheated).

..next semester is another...umm semester (and a year too i guess :p )!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

the simonnscourt is much warmer than the other place, they've got some big ass gas heat-age there. but i think the ice rink is using the simmonscourt.

we were absolutely destroyed today. the guy is known to set very tricky exams but this one took the biscuit. very long, and every single damn question had a trick. what a way to start the finals! he's more or less knocked a fair percentage off our degrees and confidence which is going to bring the rest of the subjects down. he really went out of his way to set a hard paper...

i nearly bawled after the exam and if you'll excuse me i'm going to do the same now </rant>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

/me also offers Red Alert a hug

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Had that "How the Earth Works" malarky. Went better than i thought but overall i stil think i failed (thats what happens when u go to like 5 lectures and only do half the tutorials work marks and then do sfa study).

37% ish overall i figured :(

Ah well i should pass the repeats.

That test was a load of my @rse. Half the stuff wasn't even covered in the lectures or tutorials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Did an all nighter studying for my last exam. Not a good idea cos I couldn't even remember the questions by the time I was halfway into my essayssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
    Sorry I fell asleep on the keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭TrickyRicky

Globalisation & Marketing management down, consumer behaviour, market research & Ireland in EU left, the joys of final year.........(sigh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I had my first exam today... digital systems. It's a pain in the ass... the exam went about as well as I could have hoped, no worse, no better. So I'm quietly satisfied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I don't do computers anymore but from what I've heard daltons exams have a history of being a pain in the ass....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

the industries hall is roasting, we had a girl that fainted on the first day, poor thing. invigilating is easy but boring. If anyone is going for a postgrad, become an invigilator for any exam you can, the pay is €12.65 an hour to walk up and down a hall, looking a students, making sure they arnt cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Who has Archaeology for tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Macseamusa wrote:
    the industries hall is roasting, we had a girl that fainted on the first day, poor thing. invigilating is easy but boring. If anyone is going for a postgrad, become an invigilator for any exam you can, the pay is €12.65 an hour to walk up and down a hall, looking a students, making sure they arnt cheating.

Yeah, christ that place is hot. And bloody noisy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Archaeology?

I got stuck beside that fan yesterday while doing my accounting exam. Good god that was a pain in the ass. Was bliss tho whenever it stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

selephonic wrote:
    Hey Mickomack, looks like I'm in your class then, good luck with maths tomorrow
    Looks like I'm in your class too. How did you find E+E and Thermo/fluid? Free 'till Monday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

there isnt much that we can do about that fan... you should hear the main one in the morning, damm thats loud.

ah yeah i know there aint. I can complain tho cant i :v:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'd say the hall would be worse without the heat on - the RDS main hall is pretty bleak anyways so i'd say it would be unbearably cold and damp without the gas on. (those fans are part of big ass heaters)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My stats exam went well. It was really similar to the sample paper. Some of the questions were in fact exactly taken off the sample paper!

same with my intro to diff calc. Still managed to fail it me thinks. I can do the "maths" type questions nps but the worded ones i just dont have a clue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

Simona1986 wrote:
    Looks like I'm in your class too. How did you find E+E and Thermo/fluid? Free 'till Monday :D

Well I don't do E&E because in in structural+arch, but I found the Thermo pretty bad, mainly because I've done very little work and didn't actually get to even one of the Fluid lectures, first time I saw the lecturer was in the mid-term test thing. How about yourself? Yes roll on a nice 3 days of actually getting some work done(in between the occasional drinking binge and anything else to avoid learning).

You'd think by my grand old age I'd have the motivation to actually work.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i just failed my accounting exam today.it was a bitch as nothing came up from the hints of the lectuer.she is a cow.anyway still have another chance in august:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

selephonic wrote:
    Well I don't do E&E because in in structural+arch, but I found the Thermo pretty bad, mainly because I've done very little work and didn't actually get to even one of the Fluid lectures, first time I saw the lecturer was in the mid-term test thing. How about yourself? Yes roll on a nice 3 days of actually getting some work done(in between the occasional drinking binge and anything else to avoid learning).

You'd think by my grand old age I'd have the motivation to actually work.:p
    Thermo was bad enough alright. The short questions were grand and I got the first part of the fluid question right and had a good atempt at the second part. The two thermo long Qs were very poor though - I was making it up as a
    I went along. E+E which loads of people seem to find tough went really well, best exam yet I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

physical chemistry went grand today

couple of old questions, in general no bother :cool:

inorganic on wednesday then holidays at last!!

Advertisement