Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how was your exam?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

had EM there, went ok, not as well as I'd hoped but well enough. Very glad to have it over with and now only one more to go:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Archaeology just there. Not to bad actually. 1 hour exam and 4 quesitons. thats about 1 page per question right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

I wish we had multiple choice in my archaeology exams. i was suprised when i was reading the exam before you guys came in, I could actually answer a lot of them, it was a nice paper, I actually learnt something in my 3 years.

Macseamusa wrote:
    I wish we had multiple choice in my archaeology exams. i was suprised when i was reading the exam before you guys came in, I could actually answer a lot of them, it was a nice paper, I actually learnt something in my 3 years.

you should text me the questions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Put it this way: I want to give Aaron Quigley a good kicking now for the Data Structures exam. Painful stuff. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭bobbi

lol RainBow Kirby i totally agree that paper was really not what i had expected and very tough.I'd love to make Aaron cry like a little girl.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I had developmental and biological psych today
    It sucked donkey dick
    The worse thing is knowing i'll have to repeat it in august when theres no way i'll be continuing with it next year...not that i even wanted to!

Scraggs wrote:
    I had developmental and biological psych today
    It sucked donkey dick
    The worse thing is knowing i'll have to repeat it in august when theres no way i'll be continuing with it next year...not that i even wanted to!

I had the same exam. The sample paper that was on the internet had all the long questions on it (8 on the sample 4 on the real one) . I did everything i needed to do since 9am this morning. 1 -> 1.5 pages per question. The Multiple Choicers were alright..... But the "fill in the blanks" was pretty harsh.

How you set for applied and social?

See my problem was I didnt go to lectures or attended a single tutorial and only started studying yesterday but was interupted by going to Des Bishop gig in Vicar St. [which was excellent btw] and then studied after while still drunk:v: :v:
    Grimes wrote:
    How you set for applied and social?

I'm not doing that one, only chose the other as elective!
    Raging i didnt pick app&soc because it seems so much interesting!
    Well i've learned my lesson and thats the main thing!

jeaney how many exclamtion marks did i use, gawd!!!!

Scraggs wrote:
    See my problem was I didnt go to lectures or attended a single tutorial

Raging i didnt pick app&soc because it seems so much interesting!

Ah well then! I suggest getting on Blackboard and getting all the Dev+Bio Notes before they are taken off. Everything you need is up there. (about 60 pages :eek: ) ...

App+Soc is the most boring load of piss I have ever done. I actually walked out of about 5 lectures cause yer man was so boring. Didnt go to loads but Its not on till tuesday so Im going to start going over the notes and stuff in the morn... Good Luck with the rest of the exams...and the BioDev repeat :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

Simona1986 wrote:
    Looks like I'm in your class too. How did you find E+E and Thermo/fluid? Free 'till Monday :D

Don't do E&E either due to being in structural but I did 12 lectures in it cos i was originally in undenominated,did the mid term test and the practicals in it though.How'd E&E go anyway?Thermo/fluid went ok partly cos i crammed like a mofo the day before.I'm screwed for chemistry how u set?What type of engineering u doin?

Anybody know when we get our results???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Did you get a second round Structural offer or what? I'm in undenominated. E+E my best exam so far I think. Haven't looked at chemistry (not that I even have anything to look at)

Nah I appealed Irish and it went up so got in around Mid October,Have you done chemistry before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Nope and I copied at least 80% of every tutorial!

Yeah I'm fairly screwed I'll probably be repeatin it in August/September:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I had bio&dev psychology today... went alright I guess. I didn't do any of the developmental psychology short notes! :) I was really just hoping to pass, cos I only looked at the sample paper yesterday, and only read anything this morning, so I wasn't expecting to do good at all! I'd say I got around 45-50% overall, which I'll be happy with!

DaveMcG wrote:
    I had bio&dev psychology today... went alright I guess. I didn't do any of the developmental psychology short notes! :) I was really just hoping to pass, cos I only looked at the sample paper yesterday, and only read anything this morning, so I wasn't expecting to do good at all! I'd say I got around 45-50% overall, which I'll be happy with!

Are you me?

Don't get all philosophical on me Grimey!

Did you not do the dev bio short notes either?! :eek:

Well other then the dev notes everything else is the same as me . The Dev notes wernt to bad actually.

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote:
    you should text me the questions!

I supposed to prevent you from cheating. :)
    :D

Macseamusa wrote:
    I supposed to prevent you from cheating. :)
    :D
    Whats it matter if one little person in the exam hall is given a sly few answers to assist him his move towards a degree. And you make a sly €20 on the side? Everyone is happy. UCD is a faceless Evil corporation and they dont get hurt.

1)I pass exams and avoid a life of poverty and syphilis
    2)You make money and have the personal knowlegde that you saved a man from the doll que
    3)UCD maintain high grades among students and it seems like a good college , more people will go and Herr Brady get more $$$$

Can you point out a downside?

where did syphilis come into it?

I'd help but Herr Brady has his spies everywhere....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Put it this way: I want to give Aaron Quigley a good kicking now for the Data Structures exam. Painful stuff. :(

yea had a look at the paper before it was given out. Looked a lil tough.

Enjoy ur buttons and ribena? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Optics & topics in modern physics went well today...most of the stuff i expected to come up did...so its all good

just atomic & quantum physics to do now...will probably be a bit harder anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

irlrobins wrote:
    yea had a look at the paper before it was given out. Looked a lil tough.

Enjoy ur buttons and ribena? :p
    *blushes*
    Well yeah :)
    I'm just glad that exam is over though, but I'm kinda pissed off. Everything I didn't know that well came up, and almost nothing that I knew really well came up. Grr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

you win some, u lose some. Jsut gotta hope u win more than u lose.

Failed that one. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

Fritz'z Concurrent Programming paper was a handy one today...
    Im defo taking his formal symantics unit next semester. Im so shallow.
    Note to current third years, next year Fritz gives a compulsory course - Dont listen to him in the lectures coz Youll get brain damage but just do the past papers from his notes and youll be well set.:eek:
    and now to go drinking...hic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

I take it all back. Fritz was spawned by the devil. I thought I aced his paper but he only gave me 50%, and the unit I thought I failed I got 67% in. what a joke. God knows how they marks papers in this university.
    Im not doin Fritzs unit this semester. Id rather eat my own head. I hate you Fritz. Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *gets dragged away kicking and screaming*

Advertisement