Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clio Help

Options
  • 01-12-2005 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi lads. I was driving the clio today and the accelerator just dropped to the floor and i think the cable snapped. are these hard to fit would i get them in consort or would i have to go to a dealer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Your better off fitting a new one from a Renault dealer as a secondhand one will probably brake if its a fault in them or they ware out after a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

is consort not new though? would you have any idea on the cost. no were to go tonight to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

If the cable snapped then the car will be undriveable. Is this the case?

Does your car even have a throttle cable. Somer newer renaults have a drive by wire throttle with no cable.

Assuming it does have a cable which is snapped then a new cable will be around 20-30 quid from renault and you'll probably be able to fit it yourself.

Hi brian thanks for that. the car doesnt accelerate at all. its a 98 so id say its the cable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Have a look at the cable yourself at both the pedal end and throttle body end. See if it moves freely and check that it hasn't unclipped itself. Rev the car by moving the cable in the engine bay. These cables are made of an inner wire part and an outer plastic/rubber sleeve. When you use the accelerator the inner wire slides inside the plastic part which doesn't move. If the inner cable were to snap i am not sure if the wire would just go limp or if it would get jammed inside the outer cable. I have attached a photo of a megane engine bay (should be similar) with a red box around the part where the inner cable joins the throttle body. Might make things a little clearer.

• Advertisement

so it could have just unclipped itself

Advertisement