Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everone has more Sex than me...

• 01-12-2005 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I started this thread after reading this thread (http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=316813) about a guy who was 5’7 and depressed about being small. I’d been thinking about writing this for ages, so here is my story…

So you’re 5’7 - My heart bleeds for you. 5'7 is not small. I'm 5'5, but not only that - I weigh 8 Stone. That is small. Its rarely I see a guy smaller than me, and it’s pretty much never that I see one smaller and skinnier than me. I’m in my mid 20’s and still get asked for ID from time to time….

Even though I'm small now, comparatively I was even smaller when I was growing up. Slags and digs were part of my daily life. It was only when I got to about 19 that they did not happen so often. I had to learn to get past it, because if you hang on it others pick up on it. I changed my outlook and tried to be a ‘bigger person’ over all. Nowadays people only mention it form time to time, probably because people mature and get over it. And when you get older, being younger looking will only be an advantage from now on. However despite all that, I suppose if I had one wish in the entire world, it would be to re-live my life being average height, as I'd say I would be a completely different person. Being small shapes your life in ways most people would not understand.

For me, Women are the main problem.

It’s “Tall, Dark and Handsome”. “Small, Dark and Handsome” just doesn't cut it. I'm a pretty good looking guy. I take care of my appearance. I dress well. I have a great job, earn great money, nice car, great apartment etc etc etc. I class myself as having a far better overall package as far as a woman would be concerned than the majority of my piers. I'm a very social guy, have a Lot of good friends, and I have more good looking female friends than any guy I know. But despite all this I very rarely hook up with girls at all.

I constantly see guys who are less attractive & appealing to women than I am, with great & beautiful girlfriends, I just cannot work out why I cannot have the same. I’m kinda known for the fact that if a good looking girl is introduced to my group, or me separately, chances are we will hot it off, and become very close. Many people will assume we are together, but we will only ever be friends, for one of a hundred reasons I could tell as this has happened to me so many times before.

I’m in my mid twenties and I have only ever had one actual girlfriend, when I was a teenager. I’ve only had sex a handful of times in my life. I’m constantly surrounded by beautiful women, none of which I ever get physical with. They value me immensely as friends but for some reason it never goes any further than that. This fact is by far the single biggest issue in my life.

I am a very happy person and have a great life. The older I get the better it gets, but this is something that I cannot stop thinking about. Almost everything else in my life is going great. I can get almost anything that I set my sights upon, but I can’t get the one thing that almost everyone else seems to have – a hot girlfriend. Ask any of my friends and they would say that I could be a fantastic boyfriend – and any girl would be lucky to have me etc etc. Since I was maybe 13 when you start finding out about sex, I have dreamed about having a girlfriend to physically express my affection for. Most people take regular sex for granted, for me it has been something I have wanted, but have never actually had, for my entire adult life. All that time I have been thinking, ‘it’s bound to happen eventually’, but it never has. Sometimes I feel like God just does not want me to have what I want most out of anything in the world. It’s a horrible feeling. I entitled this thread “Everyone has more Sex than me” because that’s exactly how I feel. Seeing couples everywhere, so may beautiful women around, knowing that some lucky bastard gets to nail her senseless whenever he wants, but yet this is something I have yet to ever do - have a great sex with a beautiful woman. I am a very sensual, sexual person, without being sleazy, and not having what is almost essential to human life is just not right.

I know any fool can go out to some meat market and score a minger, bring her home and get laid. That is not me. I am not going to lower my standards for the sake of a f*ck with a fat bird. I know I am a great person and deserve far better and will not settle for less than I deserve. Staying true to your self is very important.

I’ve been thinking about going to see a psychologist for some time but never really got around to it, but really want to one day. Everyone I talk to, I ask them honestly is there some reason I am not seeing why I am in this situation – but realistically its just me. I'd like to put it down to just my height but it’s a combination of what I have become because of this. I wish I knew exactly what it was so I could change it, but it’s something that I have not been able to fix.

I really hate people complaining about being fat. Because realistically all you have to do is STOP EATING so much, live healthier and exercise and ANY fat person can loose weight.

However, there is nothing in this world can make me tall…

I doubt there is anything anyone can say to magicall fix the situation, but I would like to hear what people think anyway.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Firstly it seems your blaming everything on being small. Women aren't as shallow as guys when it comes to picking the person they'll sleep with (at least most of them aren't) Looks matters as it does with men but not as much. I think its in your head, and I know that sounds cheesy as hell and doesn't help much. but as you said...you have a better "package" to offer. You should concentrate on your better personality traits, not your materialistic or height. Your problem seems to be that you are getting to freindly with the girls you like and not physical enough. You need to learn when to stop being their friend and move on to the lover. Its tough to do.

Basically my advice is to stop seeing your height as the problem. Its more than likely not the thing thats stopping the women becoming more than friends. Women can be nervous about getting with someone too, but what woule I know...I'm just a man :)

Good luck and hope you solve your dilemma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Boo hoo I'm 5'11 and I never get any sex. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BerigWielbark

Likewise. I'm 5'10 and I haven't made the beast with two backs with anyone or anything in the last 6 months or so.

Learning to cope with it, nevertheless, am I.

Such is life when you have a sharp tongue and reddish hair.

MY LIFE. FOOKIN' MISERY, MANG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

ickleguy wrote:
    I am not going to lower my standards for the sake of a f*ck with a fat bird. I know I am a great person and deserve far better

[snip]

I really hate people complaining about being fat. Because realistically all you have to do is STOP EATING so much

You think women don't like you because you're small?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The fact that I am small is what I think is the route of the problem. All this aside do you see where I'm coming from?
    Boo hoo I'm 5'11 and I never get any sex. Get over it
    be nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I'm sorry OP, but you sound a little bit shallow,
    maybe I read your post wrong?
    But you seem to only want to have a good looking girlfriend to have sex with,
    you don't seem to care about their personalities at all and good luck to you with that attitude.
    Not all women care about cars and money, girls might look at you and say "I'm not going to lower my standards for the sake of a f*ck with a short guy"
    You seem to judge people by their appearance, why shouldn't they judge you?

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Anyway, back to your problem, I think you need to stop thinking so hard about it and relax a bit.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

ickleguy wrote:
    I know any fool can go out to some meat market and score a minger, bring her home and get laid. That is not me. I am not going to lower my standards for the sake of a f*ck with a fat bird. I know I am a great person and deserve far better and will not settle for less than I deserve. Staying true to your self is very important.

I’ve been thinking about going to see a psychologist for some time but never really got around to it, but really want to one day.

The problem isnt about your height...its about your attitude. You think because a girl is overweight means she isnt a good person or good enuf for you?
    Staying true to yourself...indeed :rolleyes:
    I know several guys your stature who dont have a problem finding a girlfriend...so you might want to rethink your *excuse* for being single and sexless.
    I think you should go ahead and find yourself that Psychiatrist becasue you need help finding out what your real issues are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Sounds like youre using your height as an excuse as others have said there are plenty of tall guys not getting any either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

You know what? I think Nasty Girl may be onto something here. Tom Cruise is 5' 7". He no doubt has a great job, nice car and I'd wager a rather nice apartment too. He gets 'hot girls'.

Height has SFA to do with anything. My housemate is in his mid 20's, 5' 5" short, lives in a shared house with 3 guys he didn't know before he moved in, works in I.T. (so do I BTW), doesn't have a car and to be brutally honest, isn't that bloody good looking either. But he has a 'hot' girlfriend. She's mad about him and vice versa.

You see, the secret is, he's a nice guy and modest about it. He tries to do right by the people that matter to him without obsessing about how much of a great guy this makes him. I'm getting the impression from your post that you're not the same. You might like to think you are, but you're not if your post is a true indication of your personality and character.

Get over yourself for a start and you'll be on the right track. People come in all shapes and sizes, with all shapes and sizes of wallet, house and car to boot. But like I've always said - If you're an asshole then none of that matters. Materialistic traits and the accompanying 'bragging' are unlikely to ever be openly welcomed in Ireland (we're not living in a US style culture - YET) and that's the vibe you're probably giving off.

If you want to meet women with a view to a relationship, leave your defensive posturing out. Height & your life status have nothing to do with it. Even though women are likely to consider your status if they're planning on marrying you and giving up work to have your children, only a money grabbing b**** will go for that as an element of primary attraction. If you want to use financial status as a means to get 'hot girls', go down Benburb St and wave your wallet about in the air.

Gil

I'm sorry OP, but you sound a little bit shallow,
    maybe I read your post wrong?
    But you seem to only want to have a good looking girlfriend to have sex with,
    you don't seem to care about their personalities at all and good luck to you with that attitude.
    Not all women care about cars and money, girls might look at you and say "I'm not going to lower my standards for the sake of a f*ck with a short guy"
    You seem to judge people by their appearance, why shouldn't they judge you?

Correct me if I'm wrong...
    Yes I can see how you think that but no I'm not really that shallow. Finding a girl who is cool, I get on with & like to be around is of course more important, it’s a given. If she is all that then I will find her attractive anyway, but of course it helps if she is physically attractive.
    I am attracted to good looking girls more than plain girls for a different reason than pure looks. Personally I find that attractive girls have a certain personality trait that I am attracted too... A certain confidence and attitude - that is what I like, and what I mean by 'hot'... Sometimes you find girls who are not the most pretty around, but are themselves beautiful because of the way they are...

I think in my post I talked too much about my height, it was just that the original post I referred to. I personally like by body and shape, but I feel most other people do not have the same opinion I do, or at least most women prefer bigger guys, which is almost always true. But disregarding all that, the lack or girlfriend, intimacy is really getting me down. Most people go out and score every few weeks/months, and can kinds do it whenever they put their mind to it. I have not so much more than kissed a girl in over 2 years... its driving me nuts, and getting me down. And because it’s been so long since I have 'scored' whenever I am in a situation where I might have a chance, I get nervous and don't have the confidence to make a move and end up kicking myself for not going for it... this is really my main problem at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭BrianD3

You can't do anything about your height except wear shoes with a decent sized sole and have good posture, stand/walk tall etc. You'd be surprised at the difference that can make.

As for your weight, you criticise fat women for not controlling their eating while at the same time you say you're 8 stone as if that is something you can't do anything about. Well you can. Eat loads and lift weights, do it right and you'll pack on bulk and it will be mostly muscle.

As other have said there might be other aspects of you that are turning women off. However I don't buy this whole "it's not your height, it's your attitude/insecurity/personality. Bullsh1t, women can be very fussy about a guy's height and can dismiss a guy based on his height before he's even opened his mouth. Personality does come into it too but so does the physical side obviously. I believe that if the OP did something about his weight he would a) look better b) gain more confidence. So he'd be improving both physical and personality aspects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Dr J wrote:
    Boo hoo I'm 5'11 and I never get any sex. Get over it.

Exactly.... Peter Crouch is 6'7 and he can't score either...

(ok mods, I'm sorry... deserves a ban, but I had to share it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

FFS, just checked with my housemate - He's 5' friggin' 2"

You have no excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

BrianD3 wrote:
    Bullsh1t, women can be very fussy about a guy's height and can dismiss a guy based on his height before he's even opened his mouth.

But he's pretty "fussy" about women's weight from the sounds of it.

What goes around comes around imo

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭johnwoods

Fat Girls need love too man.

Your problem is your putting "the pussy on a pedestal", In my exp the reason some guys dont get as much sex as others is the way they treat sex like some kind of sacred lost treasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

I'm 6ft3 and not too bad looking and I don't get that much meat :) It's life man...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

ickleguy wrote:
    I doubt there is anything anyone can say to magicall fix the situation, but I would like to hear what people think anyway.
    Thanks

without trying to be funny, you sound like alot of gay guys i know, and maybe they think you're S hookeD?

try being not so gay, buy a united jersey go the pub and swear alot and don't shave or wash as often, this should sort you right out!

and as for fat birds, you haven't lived till you've had one bouncin on you screaming "I'M A LUCKY GIRL I'M A LUCKY GIRL"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭SexeeAussie

Nasty Girl, my sentiments exactly.

ickleguy, mate change your name to FICKLEguy. You need to change your attitude.

I am over 5'6 and I have had bfs that were shorter than me. There was no issue for us......none whatsoever......And hey, he wasn't Tom Cruise, and I am certainly no Nic Kidman.

I was with them cos they were great men.....and I am sure they were with me cos I am a great girl. Height or weight should have nothing to do with anything. There are wonderful skinny chicks, fat chicks, average chicks...same goes with guys.

You generally hook up with a person because you are attracted to them on many levels, not just how tall they are or how much body fat they have.

Even your statement about having it 'all'.....money, great car, apartment etc.....well that is nice for you......but you need to have a great personality to go with it.

Stop worrying about something that "YOU" have an issue with........unless you have been told by every person in the world that you aren't with a girl cos you are short and light, then I think you need to lighten up, it's your problem not the girls.

cheers guys, thats all good advice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Gil_Dub wrote:
    You know what? I think Nasty Girl may be onto something here. Tom Cruise is 5' 7". H
    .... Tom Cruise wishes he was 5' 7" :o

OP, its the attitude thats the problem, not the height.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

icklegiy quoye '' You generally hook up with a person because you are attracted to them on many levels, not just how tall they are or how much body fat they have.

Even your statement about having it 'all'.....money, great car, apartment etc.....well that is nice for you......but you need to have a great personality to go with it.

Stop worrying about something that "YOU" have an issue with........unless you have been told by every person in the world that you aren't with a girl cos you are short and light, then I think you need to lighten up, it's your problem not the girls. __________________"

my twopence for you just dont think about it just go with the flow thats the way it happpes for me !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Come over to no. 6 XXXXXXX honey and we'll soon give ya da chance to do some catching up!!!
    Behave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

ickleguy wrote:
    am not going to lower my standards for the sake of a f*ck with a fat bird. I know I am a great person and deserve far better and will not settle for less than I deserve. Staying true to your self is very important.

sounds like you think too much of yourself despite your size 'issue'. hot shallow girls wont get with you cause, well they're shallow. and any nice girl that perhaps likes you? well she's not up to your standards.

for a start quit bragging about your job your car your apt. your 'package' :P this does not make you a good person. i can see why maybe genuine girls are turned off you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

I'm, gonna go against what everyone here is saying.. girls DO care about height, maybe not all girls but the majority do to some extent in my opinion.. I was talkin to my ex about why one of my short friends can never get a girlfriend, and she said girls really don't like short guys.. when you see a couple walkin down the street and the girl is towering over the bloke, it doesn't look right..
    meh.. I'm entitled to my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

What if the bloke is just slightly tall, and the girl is really tall? I mean, if they're both technically tall, does it still look weird?
    I'm 6 foot so this is probably the first time it's ever occured to me that short lads have this kind of problem. It seems really tough... I wouldn't mind the lower centre of gravity though, once you're out on the pitch ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

ntlbell wrote:
    without trying to be funny, you sound like alot of gay guys i know, and maybe they think you're S hookeD?

try being not so gay, buy a united jersey go the pub and swear alot and don't shave or wash as often, this should sort you right out!

and as for fat birds, you haven't lived till you've had one bouncin on you screaming "I'M A LUCKY GIRL I'M A LUCKY GIRL"

Legend :D

score some allright birds to get the ball rollin (or should i say 'the balls' , hwe hwe!) and then youll get more and more confident and be bangin all the hot birds u want in no time. ...theyre much easier than you think.
    - thats the advise my brother gave me when i was 18 and 2 yrs later it has certainly worked .......but probably coz im a 6"1 and came out of a very good gene pool ...(ooh low blow~):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Berkel

ickleguy wrote:
    I am not going to lower my standards for the sake of a f*ck with a fat bird.

Standards eh??? Oh, the charm, the wit... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Unless someone is extremely short or super tall, heigh doesn't matter to me at all.

• Advertisement

jrey1981 wrote:
    Sounds like youre using your height as an excuse as others have said there are plenty of tall guys not getting any either...

Exactly girls arent that shallow if a guy has a good personality and is nice
    he should be able to get laid as much as everyone else:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Exactly girls arent that shallow if a guy has a good personality and is nice

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

dont know much about your own gender do you.

everone has certain standards. you may not want to be called shallow, but i bet even you have standards.

people are called shallow when those standards start to include height, weight, looks etc.

people call other people shallow becuase they themselves are not comfortable or confident with themselves.

personally, im with the OP, i wouldnt go out with a fat chick. i wouldnt go out with an ugly chick either. im certainly not shallow. what am i?
    choosey?
    pickey?

sure. whats wrong with that.

women are exactly the same. women that want a man with money and a car are shallow according to most people here. i dont think so. i think it makes good sense. why would you be with someone that doesnt provide everything you want in a partner.

why would you settle for someone that doesnt do it all.
    and considering your recent posts about the guy you fancy, its a good question.
    why do you settle for someone that wont talk to you, want be emotionally engaged with you, wont share with you.
    and how is that different from choosing a partner on looks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Unfortunately women seem to go for taller guys, it gives them the feeling of being protected or something. If you can "think bigger" as you put it and create the same feeling I reckon you won't have any problems. I think women are more guided by a "feelings" thing rather than a "visual" thing.
    ickleguy wrote:
    I’ve only had sex a handful of times in my life.
    That must be one of the funniest un-intended double entendres in PI in a long time, or is it just my bad mind? Where's Grimes when you need him?

"I constantly see guys who are less attractive & appealing to women than I am, with great & beautiful girlfriends"

I hate to be cruel but this is obviously not true. If they were less attractive and appealing to women then women would be less attracted and appealed(is that a word) to them then you.

Listen just relax, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about your height. You height may put certain girls off but you don't have to be attractive to every woman. Maybe it does give off a bad first impression, but first impressions don't necissarily last. Only having one girlfriend and not having sex that often isn't that unusual by your mid twenties, I know plenty of lads in the same boat that aren't small, or even ugly for that matter.

Easier said than done but if you relax, take the chip off your shoulder, don't concentrate on a night out about "finding a girldfriend" or looking for a lay, just have a laugh...then you'll probably get more "action" so to speak.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

dont know much about your own gender do you.

everone has certain standards. you may not want to be called shallow, but i bet even you have standards.

people are called shallow when those standards start to include height, weight, looks etc.

people call other people shallow becuase they themselves are not comfortable or confident with themselves.

personally, im with the OP, i wouldnt go out with a fat chick. i wouldnt go out with an ugly chick either. im certainly not shallow. what am i?
    choosey?
    pickey?

sure. whats wrong with that.

women are exactly the same. women that want a man with money and a car are shallow according to most people here. i dont think so. i think it makes good sense. why would you be with someone that doesnt provide everything you want in a partner.

why would you settle for someone that doesnt do it all.
    and considering your recent posts about the guy you fancy, its a good question.
    why do you settle for someone that wont talk to you, want be emotionally engaged with you, wont share with you.
    and how is that different from choosing a partner on looks?

I was just saying i wouldnt hold height against a guy if i got on well with him!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I was just saying i wouldnt hold height against a guy if i got on well with him!!!

no, you said girls wouldnt. girls would. just becuase you dont, doesnt mean that the rest of the world doesnt.

but i admit, i would. i wouldnt go out with someone way smaller than me, nor would i go out with someone way taller than me. nor would i go out with someone i considered overweight or ugly.
    thats just me.
    but, sure, im not a girl...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^CwAzY^ wrote:
    I'm, gonna go against what everyone here is saying.. girls DO care about height, maybe not all girls but the majority do to some extent in my opinion.. I was talkin to my ex about why one of my short friends can never get a girlfriend, and she said girls really don't like short guys.. when you see a couple walkin down the street and the girl is towering over the bloke, it doesn't look right..
    meh.. I'm entitled to my opinion.
    I don't mean to sound horrible here... but I really don't like if a guy is shorter than me... I'm 5'6", not that tall though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

If you were a decent enough person with charm & a sense of humour you'd at least get a "1 night shot" with most women & then if you were completely "to scale" they'd give you the "let's just be friends" line.
    But at least you would've gotten some.

You mustn't be a very attractive person despite your height.
    Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I don't mean to sound horrible here... but I really don't like if a guy is shorter than me... I'm 5'6", not that tall though.

Yeah I guess that's why height doesn't really bother me, I'm only 5'6" (ish) so it's rare I come across guys that are shorter than me. I don't like it if someone is super tall though, it's just awkward. Anything in between there is fine.

I wouldn't go out with someone I'm not attracted to, though, I don't think that's shallow. But I wouldn't go out with someone I don't get along with, or don't "click" with (personality wise) either, I like people that share my interests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

ickleguy wrote:
    So you’re 5’7 - My heart bleeds for you. 5'7 is not small. I'm 5'5, but not only that - I weigh 8 Stone. That is small. Its rarely I see a guy smaller than me, and it’s pretty much never that I see one smaller and skinnier than me. I’m in my mid 20’s and still get asked for ID from time to time….

5'5 isn't that small either, it's your perception of yourself that causes the problem as you automatically radiate a lack of confidence to others when you are so unhappy about something.
    I changed my outlook and tried to be a ‘bigger person’ over all. I suppose if I had one wish in the entire world, it would be to re-live my life being average height, as I'd say I would be a completely different person.

You are average height, I'm 5'7, I've never had any problems at all relating to people, meeting girls etc. but then I feel confident in myself and I've never really thought about my hieght being a hinderance or an advantage. In fact I've never really equated my height with being something that would make me more or less attractive to someone. Maybe that's the first hurdle you need to get over.

It’s “Tall, Dark and Handsome”. “Small, Dark and Handsome” just doesn't cut it.

I disagree, go anywhere in any town any night of the week and you'll see plenty of average height, average looking, average skin tone men sitting there with their girlfriends and wives. You have built this up to be something it's not and the only person who can change that is you. If you are feeling negatively about yourself then that's how others will perceive you too.
    I'm a pretty good looking guy. I take care of my appearance. I dress well. I have a great job, earn great money, nice car, great apartment etc etc etc. I class myself as having a far better overall package as far as a woman would be concerned than the majority of my piers.

This could be part of your problem right here, although you feel negatively about your height, this paragraph shows a huge amount of arrogance, one of the biggest turnoffs possible. Newsflash for you, this is Ireland, most men in their 20's have a well paid job, nice car, nice apartment/house and dress well!

I constantly see guys who are less attractive & appealing to women than I am, with great & beautiful girlfriends, I just cannot work out why I cannot have the same.

It's not about looks. Looks will get you so far, but after the first 10 seconds you better have something interesting to say for yourself. What makes you any better than these guys? You're self-perceived advantage is obviously not seen by the general public.

Seeing couples everywhere, so may beautiful women around, knowing that some lucky bastard gets to nail her senseless whenever he wants, but yet this is something I have yet to ever do

nice sentiments there, I'm starting to see a trend...
    I know any fool can go out to some meat market and score a minger, bring her home and get laid. That is not me. I am not going to lower my standards for the sake of a f*ck with a fat bird.

and it continues...

[quote[I know I am a great person and deserve far better and will not settle for less than I deserve. Staying true to your self is very important.[/quote]

and continues...
    I really hate people complaining about being fat. Because realistically all you have to do is STOP EATING so much, live healthier and exercise and ANY fat person can loose weight.

and continues...

Ok in summary

1. Your height isn't the problem, no more than your weight is. The biggest problem is your negative perception about your height that you inadvertantly project onto others in your company. Stand up straight and tall and radiate confidence. If you think it's that big an issue do some weights and some gym work, you don't have to bulk up but a little muscle never hurt anybody.

2. Your arrogance is your main downfall
    "I'm better than my peers"
    "I'm better than the guys who go to nightclubs and pick up random women"
    "I'm better than this girl who isn't gorgeous, or this girl who doesn't have a model figure"
    "All I want is a beautiful women I can nail senseless whenever I want"

Between this and perhaps desperation that you may be displaying you'll never get anywhere. You're no better than anybody else, a good partner is not defined by how she looks, good sex is not defined as "nailing someone senseless" and until you grasp this information you'll get nowhere fast.

You say you have a lot of female friends, so you can obviously relate to them and yet your post is so disrespectful towards pretty much everybody that it's hard to match the two together. Anyway in terms of advice, forget about your height, you're the only one who notices it. Treat women as you want to be treated not as "something you'd like to nail senseless" and stop thinking you're any better or worse than anybody else. Don't rate yourself against others just be happy with your own strengths and work on reducing your weaknesses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well, my friends around 5'4'', and the women flock to him, so height mustn't be that important.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭shakaman

ickleguy wrote:

I know any fool can go out to some meat market and score a minger, bring her home and get laid. That is not me. I am not going to lower my standards for the sake of a f*ck with a fat bird.

Something tells me with your attitude my friend not even a fat bird would look down to you.
    ickleguy wrote:
    I know I am a great person and deserve far better and will not settle for less than I deserve.

Someone stinks of the smell of self importance and that's one thing that women hate with a passion, arrogance.

Someone stinks of the smell of self importance and that's one thing that women hate with a passion, arrogance.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree if a guy smacks of arrogance
    i put him down or reject him just for the sheer fun of it because it is a major major turn off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Hagar wrote:
    That must be one of the funniest un-intended double entendres in PI in a long time, or is it just my bad mind? Where's Grimes when you need him?

:p Fair play, I never would've spotted that. Genius! :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

I'm 5'11" and 10 stone and don't get any. It's not necessarily a height issue... Actually, that's an absolutely bizarre conclusion to jump to. In my case it is ugliness and horrible personality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

rsynnott wrote:
    I'm 5'11" and 10 stone and don't get any. It's not necessarily a height issue... Actually, that's an absolutely bizarre conclusion to jump to. In my case it is ugliness and horrible personality.

Self deprecating humour, ladies love that.

Anyways try to be more of an azzhole I say. Be a borderline arrogant prick. Just stay on the good side of arrogance, say 20 seconds before they hit you in the face. Get a reaction. Being nice all the time gets you .... what? Friends. But you want friendly and intimate, that means you got to push their buttons. Show them you're worth their time. For someone who has the whole package you don't seem to be flashing the goods for the type of women you fancy, or the women you fancy have higher standards that you.

not to be mean ya see i sense a bigger problem here if your not gettin laid its probly because you give off the vibe that u hav a small member as well as lack of height

girls can sense these things ya know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

"I am not going to lower my standards for the sake of a f*ck with a fat bird"

Thats the problem right there

bennyc wrote:

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Crack onto small chicks.

I went out with a girl that was 5'1" and I'm 6'1". She was damn hot.

You can both be small together and live in a house in a tree.

Sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

bennyc wrote:

Yes, you dont f*ck with women, they dont like when we play mind games on them, thats their trick! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement