Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everone has more Sex than me...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

If the midget dude from Fantasy Island could get regular sex, even when he was a broke artist, then nuff said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

whitewash man you are spot on, it is standards and I suppose mine are too high for my own good. Well, maybe I'll change that I'll see what happens...

Kittenkiller, no its not that, I am a good looking guy, but I suppose many of my best mates are Very good looking guys, so I suppose living in the shadows sometimes makes me feel inferior.

Iago, I see where you think that but I suppose arogance comes accross cause I'm venting some frustration in this post and it makes me sound like a pr1ck. CivilServeant is Right, I have been told before that i am constantly too nice, and I have to be mean/a pr1ick to women - well I don't agree with this - I love women I have huge respect for them and it is just not inside me to treat them as anything but princesses. It probably my lasck of overall confidence when it comes to 'closing the deal' that leaves me in this friends zone all the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

No guy is *too* nice!
    That's just something that women say when there's no chemistry with somone for whatever reason.

It's not that you're friends are VERY good looking, it's that you're an arrogant little man of average height, with no charm, empathy, good feelings towards anybody, with a heightened sense of your own importance.

I only know of possibly 2 girls that i've met in my whole life who'd give you a second look!
    Luckily for you neither of them are fat, but both are in counselling & on anti-depressants.

Want their numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

:D to the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭BeatTun

im 6'2 and i get loads of sex
    ****in loads of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭shakaman

ickleguy wrote:
    I love women I have huge respect for them and it is just not inside me to treat them as anything but princesses.

Except if they're fat that is.....then you treat them with contempt.

You my friend will be lonely for a long long time.

And just think the older you get the smaller you get.....it ain't gonna get any easier for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

8 stone?
    Man...hit the gym.
    What girls wants to go out with someone they can beat up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

my friend is 5 11; she usually is with shorter guys, im 5 6, have been with guys round the same height, tho i do prefer taller, but its not the be-all and end-all, if the guy is nice etc, then the height is overlooked ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Sangre wrote:
    8 stone?
    Man...hit the gym.
    What girls wants to go out with someone they can beat up?

Ones with dominatrix fantasies?? People are strange. I'm sure some girls get turned on by the thought of chastising a weakling midget!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

the height is overlooked

Great choice of words... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭BrianD3

No guy is *too* nice!
    That's just something that women say when there's no chemistry with somone for whatever reason.
    Exactly. And reasons for no chemistry can include various "shallow" reasons like he's too poor, too short, too skinny, too fat etc.
    It's not that you're friends are VERY good looking, it's that you're an arrogant little man of average height, with no charm, empathy, good feelings towards anybody, with a heightened sense of your own importance.
    First of all he's clearly not average height if he's 5 foot 5. Average height for a man is around 5'9-5'10. It's probably higher than that among young men as the elderly drag the average down. As already pointed out people tend to shrink as they get older. Also today's twentysomethings are probably a bit taller than their parents were when they were in their twenties. I notice myself that I see many more guys my own age who are taller than me than who are shorter and I'm just under 5 foot 10.

Secondly, if he has such a terrible personality how come men and women like him as a friend? I love how people here are making judgements about his personality and attitudes. It is impossible to judge this based on internet post. It's a lot easier to picture how the guy looks seeing as he has given his exact weight and height

I suspect that the OPs standards are too high and he's trying to punch above his weight. His mate value is decreased by the fact that he's 5 foot 5 so he should look for women that have similarly reduced mate value (eg overweight women) If he can't bring himself to do this then he should look at ways to increase his mate value eg concetrate on his career and try to get a higher status and better paid job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

Hagar wrote:
    Great choice of words... :D
    ah yea i just noticed that, pardon the pun ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

Im 6'1'', hmm, lol

Eh I don't think your height realy matters all that much, like some people have said, you just need to stop blaming this problem on the fact that you're not very tall, everyone has things like these that they wish they could change but most people just make do with what you have and they get on with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Just start hooking up with any ol' broad... get the smell of pussy on you and soon all the other blowjobs will come runnin' after ya..

Women are like trains - miss one... there's another coming along in 2 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

No guy is *too* nice!

The majority of women in the world would disagree with you. Everyone knows the nice guy finishes last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Perhaps the girls are turned off by the chip on your shoulder. Im not trying to be offensive here, but you do come across as having quite a complex.

That aside, I guess theres also a chance that youve become quite skilled at entering the friend zone with girls. My brother is a bit like that, not a bad lookin guy but doesnt really flirt with girls.
    Its possible to treat women really well and get along with them but show no signs of sexual interest.

I do think many women are attracted to guys who are a bit fiesty, cheeky and opinionated.

In my opinion, a lot of guys who "do really well" with girls are very flirtatous, suggestive and cheeky. Theyre used to girls telling them to piss off and it doesnt bother them because they know the gamble usually pays off.

Maybe you should work on your flirting. Take more chances with being a little bit suggestive and cheeky. Girls dont wanna skrew a guy who would make the perfect brother, dare I say it they wanna skrew a guy whos got big balls and knows it... so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭rrrrr

ickleguy wrote:
    I started this thread after reading this thread (http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=316813) about a guy who was 5’7 and depressed about being small. I’d been thinking about writing this for ages, so here is my story…

So you’re 5’7 - My heart bleeds for you. 5'7 is not small. I'm 5'5, but not only that - I weigh 8 Stone. That is small. Its rarely I see a guy smaller than me, and it’s pretty much never that I see one smaller and skinnier than me. I’m in my mid 20’s and still get asked for ID from time to time….

Even though I'm small now, comparatively I was even smaller when I was growing up. Slags and digs were part of my daily life. It was only when I got to about 19 that they did not happen so often. I had to learn to get past it, because if you hang on it others pick up on it. I changed my outlook and tried to be a ‘bigger person’ over all. Nowadays people only mention it form time to time, probably because people mature and get over it. And when you get older, being younger looking will only be an advantage from now on. However despite all that, I suppose if I had one wish in the entire world, it would be to re-live my life being average height, as I'd say I would be a completely different person. Being small shapes your life in ways most people would not understand.

For me, Women are the main problem.

It’s “Tall, Dark and Handsome”. “Small, Dark and Handsome” just doesn't cut it. I'm a pretty good looking guy. I take care of my appearance. I dress well. I have a great job, earn great money, nice car, great apartment etc etc etc. I class myself as having a far better overall package as far as a woman would be concerned than the majority of my piers. I'm a very social guy, have a Lot of good friends, and I have more good looking female friends than any guy I know. But despite all this I very rarely hook up with girls at all.

I constantly see guys who are less attractive & appealing to women than I am, with great & beautiful girlfriends, I just cannot work out why I cannot have the same. I’m kinda known for the fact that if a good looking girl is introduced to my group, or me separately, chances are we will hot it off, and become very close. Many people will assume we are together, but we will only ever be friends, for one of a hundred reasons I could tell as this has happened to me so many times before.

I’m in my mid twenties and I have only ever had one actual girlfriend, when I was a teenager. I’ve only had sex a handful of times in my life. I’m constantly surrounded by beautiful women, none of which I ever get physical with. They value me immensely as friends but for some reason it never goes any further than that. This fact is by far the single biggest issue in my life.

I am a very happy person and have a great life. The older I get the better it gets, but this is something that I cannot stop thinking about. Almost everything else in my life is going great. I can get almost anything that I set my sights upon, but I can’t get the one thing that almost everyone else seems to have – a hot girlfriend. Ask any of my friends and they would say that I could be a fantastic boyfriend – and any girl would be lucky to have me etc etc. Since I was maybe 13 when you start finding out about sex, I have dreamed about having a girlfriend to physically express my affection for. Most people take regular sex for granted, for me it has been something I have wanted, but have never actually had, for my entire adult life. All that time I have been thinking, ‘it’s bound to happen eventually’, but it never has. Sometimes I feel like God just does not want me to have what I want most out of anything in the world. It’s a horrible feeling. I entitled this thread “Everyone has more Sex than me” because that’s exactly how I feel. Seeing couples everywhere, so may beautiful women around, knowing that some lucky bastard gets to nail her senseless whenever he wants, but yet this is something I have yet to ever do - have a great sex with a beautiful woman. I am a very sensual, sexual person, without being sleazy, and not having what is almost essential to human life is just not right.

I know any fool can go out to some meat market and score a minger, bring her home and get laid. That is not me. I am not going to lower my standards for the sake of a f*ck with a fat bird. I know I am a great person and deserve far better and will not settle for less than I deserve. Staying true to your self is very important.

I’ve been thinking about going to see a psychologist for some time but never really got around to it, but really want to one day. Everyone I talk to, I ask them honestly is there some reason I am not seeing why I am in this situation – but realistically its just me. I'd like to put it down to just my height but it’s a combination of what I have become because of this. I wish I knew exactly what it was so I could change it, but it’s something that I have not been able to fix.

I really hate people complaining about being fat. Because realistically all you have to do is STOP EATING so much, live healthier and exercise and ANY fat person can loose weight.

However, there is nothing in this world can make me tall…

I doubt there is anything anyone can say to magicall fix the situation, but I would like to hear what people think anyway.
    Thanks

1. People are being killed right now in Iraq. People are dying of hunger right now as we speak. Some people have a terminal disease and will die soon. They did not get the luxuries you have. yet you come on a message board feeling sorry for yourself. Start making proactive decisions. Wrtie down where you want to be in 5 months and then write down the steps you need to take to get there. Do this.

2. You are small. So what. This is just a limiting belief. heres a secret... girls don't really WANT a tall guy... (Wow!!) They say they do, but what they actually want, is the FEELING that a tall guy gives them. A feeling of safeness. A feeling of protection. A feeling of being with a guy who is respected, someone she can lean on when times are bad. Focus on these qualities. Be an ALPHA male. don't lounge around feeling inferior to other guys. YOU have a lot to offer that they don't. You know this. So get out there and put yourself out there. It will be hard, but every day you do it a shell will develop around you and eventually it will be so THICK that you won't care what people think.

Advertisement