Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB DNS error

• 01-12-2005 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

I'm having some trouble with connection to IBB with a laptop (1st time to attempt connecting this laptop to the service). The laptop is brand new, out of the box and is running XP SP2.

I've configured the ip address, gateway and the dns addresses into the LAN IP properties in Network Places, I'm getting a constant link light (green light) and an intermittent amber light (nearly once each second) from the LAN port, but Im not getting a connection.

When I right-click on the LAN connection in Network places, I tried 'repair' - but this is bombing out on the 'clearing DNS cache' task.

any ideas or pointers?

I've tried clearing dns through the command prompt and re-starting still no joy :(

Please help, I pretty much doubt its the new Laptop!

EDIT: I've also just tried ipconfig /displaydns in cmd. prompt and its returning an error
    "Could not display the DNS Resolver Cache"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,637 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Irish Broadbadn country wide has been intermittently bad all day and it appears they had a countrywide outage between 7 and 9 this evening. Well its back up here in Galway now anyway-perhaps try again.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

im back online on old laptop at min using my IBB line...still no joy with the new laptop though...extremely frustrating :(

thanks for the heads up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Make sure all the numbers are correct, then make sure againn

Yup, IP, Gateway and DNS have been mirrored from the system im using to post this message.

BTW, the laptops in question are both recent models - 6 month old (Pavilion ZD8181ea) and 1 day old (Pavilion ZD8369ea)!

Weird.

Any websites for some options/debugging i can try out?

• Advertisement

tried a couple of things over the past 2 hrs - no joy. Ended up formatting the new systems HD and reinstalling the OS and all the drivers/applications. Working fine now. I've a suspicion it was my phones bluetooth connection causing the conflict somehow...

Advertisement