Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL in Finglas

• 02-12-2005 12:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭

Has anyone in finglas got NTL broadband?? or even close to finglas??

Can you Get NTL?? 10 votes

I can get NTL and live in finglas
    0% 0 votes
    I can't get NTL and live in finglas
    20% 2 votes
    I live near finglas and can get NTL
    50% 5 votes
    I live near finglas and can't get NTL
    30% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Lol, desperate for some 10Mbps loving? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Yes i am indeed :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulyx

all the new devs in finglas are bb capable and some old one's Glasnevin ave and some surrounding area's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Cant get it in finglas myself,remember ringing up 3 years ago and they said it would be available in a few months. Its been a long few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Just off Ballybogan Rd in Glasnevin Woods myself can't get NTL BB, have BTBB+ very happy with it but would defo drop it if NTL came available.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I've been waiting 6 years since they and their former selves(cablelink) said they would be coming hence i opted for metro when it came along!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I'm in Santry, just the other side of Ballymun to Finglas and we've had NTL since Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Can you not just call them and find out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

DingChavez wrote:
    Don't be ridiculous. That would be the sensible thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

DingChavez wrote:

They tend to say it will be available soon even when there is no prospect of it being.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Kristok wrote:
    They tend to say it will be available soon even when there is no prospect of it being.

Don't believe a word that NTL sales tell you about it being available soon, they have no knowledge if it will. When it is available and you are a current NTL TV customer, then they will send you flyers to let you know.

However NTL does seem to be rolling out very fast now and I'd say it won't be long before all of Dublin is covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Any updates on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Just some info you might like to know:
    I live in Finglas East (Cedarwood area) and we tried to get NTL Digital before Christmas. When NTL came out they measured the signal strength and said it was averaging -23dB sometimes going as high as -31dB. He said that to get NTL Digital the absolute minimum is -19dB. I'd expect that the broadband signal strength requirement would be way higher than -19dB.

NTL are coming out on the 9th to investigate the low signal strength, so I'll ask about broadband in the area then. But judging by the low signal power levels I have I wouldn't be surprised if the whole area is crap, signal wise.

Skittle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I rang them multiple times !! haha and they always say within the next few months... its aload of crap!

Advertisement