Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

should i?

• 02-12-2005 2:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Well where to start? i suppose at the begining. met this girl in college. got on fine in college. got on even better after college. kissed alot when we were out. text each other. friends. things were fine. had feelings for her, but knew she was going through some stuff personally, so didn't do anything about it. 'bout 6 months ago, fell out, silly thing. we both said things. didn't talk for 6 months. missed her like crazy. thought of her every day. didn't tell any one i had feelings for her. met her out lately. talked, appoligised (as did she), made up. ended up kissing. she said something during the night and also to a mutal friend that leads me to believe that she also has feelings. she seems to be past the personal issue that was holding me back. friends are picking up on my feelings for her. so. should i tell her how i feel. its not just an, i like her feeling. i've been in love once before, but i think nothing like this. this is much more. hurts like hell sometimes, but knowing that we are talking again ease's that. if i knew how she felt maybe i could move on, or if she felt the same, maybe we could make something of it.

any advice would be appriciated. don't know what else to say.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"Hi, my names Troy McClure and ..." Ooops wrong character. :D

Just say you like her, she seems to like you, you don't want to make a big thing of it (yet), butmaybe you could see more of each other ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

asdfghjkl wrote:
    Well where to start? i suppose at the begining. met this girl in college. got on fine in college. got on even better after college. kissed alot when we were out. text each other. friends. things were fine. had feelings for her, but knew she was going through some stuff personally, so didn't do anything about it. 'bout 6 months ago, fell out, silly thing. we both said things. didn't talk for 6 months. missed her like crazy. thought of her every day. didn't tell any one i had feelings for her. met her out lately. talked, appoligised (as did she), made up. ended up kissing. she said something during the night and also to a mutal friend that leads me to believe that she also has feelings. she seems to be past the personal issue that was holding me back. friends are picking up on my feelings for her. so. should i tell her how i feel. its not just an, i like her feeling. i've been in love once before, but i think nothing like this. this is much more. hurts like hell sometimes, but knowing that we are talking again ease's that. if i knew how she felt maybe i could move on, or if she felt the same, maybe we could make something of it.

just ask her would she like to go out. you'll kick yourself if you dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

Give it a go and good luck to you is all I'll say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Go for it. Why the hell not?, I believe Jim Carrey said it best in the film "The Cable Guy"...
    Jim Carrey wrote:
    He who hesitates, masturbates

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭SexeeAussie

I think you should just ask her out.

Go for a drink/coffee and spill your guts.......the worst that can happen is that she will tell you to get lost, but I gather that won't happen!!!!!

:) Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I have 2 (two) words of wisdom for you unknow friend..

ATTACK ATTACK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

asdfghjkl wrote:

Jeebus wept. Do you stand in shopping aisles deliberating for ages "hmmn, chicken or turkey" while scratching your jaw line upsetting other shoppers because your blocking the aisle?

Just tell her how you feel. Yes, it really is that easy (TM).

K-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

To be honest if you dont act now it could be another 6months of hurt,if's and but's. I think you should ring her and ask her out to cinema or pub just the 2 of you and tell her. If you don't you'll always be wondering and someone else might get before you.
    I'm sure feels something for you as well.

Best of luck:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

she wouldnt be kissing you if she didnt like you....i think that is your answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

asdfghjkl wrote:
    if i knew how she felt maybe i could move on, or if she felt the same, maybe we could make something of it.

If you ask her...You will know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

Definitely go for it, and good luck (though it sounds like you dont need it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

bp wrote:
    she wouldnt be kissing you if she didnt like you....i think that is your answer

now thats not true.
    lots of people kiss and shag just for the sake of it.

the OP should just ask her out.
    stop mucking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

you can ask her out for date / drinks without using the words "I really like you" becuase you'll kick yourself if you let her go but kick yourself more if you scare her off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Yeah I think go for it.

Whatever you do dont bottle it, if she feels the same as you, it doesnt mean she'll wait around as long.

You dont have to confess your undying love for her though, just in case. You could always just tell her youve really missed her and you wanna at least be friends forever, then maybe ask her if she wants a pint just the 2 of ya. If that goes well, youre laughin innit.

Sweet story by the way. Fair play, brings out the romantic in me. Havent felt that sort of overwhelming cocktail of love, lust, care, passion etc in .. god.. a long time.

Get back to us and tell us how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for all the replies guys. so the general jist is to say something. so that i will. i will get back to you and let you know how things go when ever something happens. again, thanks for all the feedback guys. much apriciated.

Advertisement