Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New receiver/amp & speakers

Options
  • 02-12-2005 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Posted something about this AGEs ago, but am now going to get moving (Christmas present to self etc.....)

I have an old Sony DAV S300 DVD/amp setup which i want to get rid of. Have replaced the DVD player, now need to sort out the speakers & receiver/amp.

Budget around 600 quid.

Major consideration: I understand i cant use my old speakers (they have a funny ohm rating, 3), however the cable is all laid under the carpet, and I'd very much like to reuse it. Cable is rated as 22AWG.

Max distance for any speakers will be about 2 metres from amp.

So, big questions:

1) Any suggestions for sound setup?. Need something that'll take sound output from DVD (optical), TV and in future PS3 (optical) as well. At above budget.
    2) Can I reuse the cable I have nicely hidden away?.

Any help would be really appreciated!.

Cheers.

Advertisement