Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zen Micro buggered? help!

• 02-12-2005 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

I'm just after letting the girlfriends zen fall on the floor, not a very long fall...and not a very hard floor, soft carpet and I was sitting down when i dropped it, but now whenever i switch it on...it comes to the creative screen...which is a little darker than usual and just stops, i tried taking out the battery and waiting and putting it back in, tried plugging it into the mains and leaving it for a while....but nothing, has anyone encountered anything like this? and fixed it? I'm in right sh!t when she wakes up and finds her zen is fux0red :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Is it still under warranty? If theres no marks on it just send it back and don't mention the drop.

(BTW, your nick is willymuncher and you're talkin about buggery, you sure it belongs to your "girlfriend" :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

I'm not sure if the micro is the same as the zen touch, but the touch has a wee hole on the side that acts as a reset button.
    just press the end of a paper clip into it and voila!
    failing that, yeah just send it back.
    Creative are so cool for that. just quote the the serial number say what type it is, give your details and your done.
    I sent my 20gig zen touch back a couple weeks ago cause the audio jack went dodgy, they sent me back a new one...double the capacity. yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 randomstranger

Wouldn't hitting the "reset" button clear the memory? I don't have one myself so not 100% but might be worth checking before you lose all her music and find yourself in Dumpsville... Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Wouldn't hitting the "reset" button clear the memory?
    No, it won’t affect what’s on the hard drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

as muckwarrior says, nope. Just restarts it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

It sounds like it's buggered if the reset doesn't fix it.
    Insurance/warrantly seems like the best way to go from here.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Basically, do what muckwarrior suggested. Go back to the store you bought it from, don't mention dropping it - just say it became faulty and won't start up - book it in with their in-store technician (if they have one), and get it sent away to Creative for repair/replacement.

Chances are they'll replace it completely rather than repair it (depends on how long it is since you bought it). Either way, it'll come back with no music on the HDD so you'd want to have everything backed up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

You probably don't have to return it. Send Creaitve and email and explain what's happening (don't mention you dropped it). They will give you simple instructions on how to reload the OS/format the player etc. and 9 out of 10 times this will bring things back to normal (musicless if you've to format). If this doesn't work they will give you an RMA number and give you a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

My one is done for. I had it for a couple of months and the only time I dropped it was way before it stopped working and it wasn't that serious of a drop. By then I had no proof of purchase and the feedback from creative was that i couldn't get a replacement.

Advertisement