Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biff Sniff Cartoons on front page

Options
  • 02-12-2005 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

It kinda distorts the flow of the items underneath it - perhaps make them wider or change it position....??

*edit* in case anyone missed what i was talking about - screenshot attached.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What's the deal with these appearing on the home page?

I like them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

that's better...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I like it, I hope it stays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

10.15 for you, 10.17 for me. Your thread hadn't appeared in the forum when I started mine! sorry

dudara wrote:
    blah blah blah... sorry

you should be!

you've ruined the internet.... for everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

ikon74e565dd63de9d26fb6f128ab9.gifikon74e565dd63de9d26fb6f128ab9.gifikon74e565dd63de9d26fb6f128ab9.gifikon74e565dd63de9d26fb6f128ab9.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

I don't think they're funny at all Im afraid. Throw up some Farside or white ninja instead.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This is Cloud's thang. We don't bother him while teh maestro is working. He'll upgrade us or rearrange us or give us new baffling features if we do.

DeV.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 HOT_ALPHA_MALE

If white ninja was a part of these boards, I would actually read this site! You WANT to appeal to people like me.

http://cheston.com/pbf/archive.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I like it, adds a bit of colour/spice to the front page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I like it too

Is it going to get updated randomly or is it going to be the same idle hands one?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Another thumbs up fom me. While it's not rolling-in-the-aisles funny, it's moderately amusing and adds a bit of colour.

Never heard of White Ninja, so I had a look at the website. Now they're seriously unfunny cartoons.

zaph you just don't understand the humour behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Second for farside.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If white ninja was a part of these boards, I would actually read this site! You WANT to appeal to people like me.

http://cheston.com/pbf/archive.html
    What? We do?!?

My loins yearn to attract such Hyperion as you to our mongrel gathering of Satyrs.
    (I highly suspect we don't in fact.)

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    What? We do?!?

My loins yearn to attract such Hyperion as you to our mongrel gathering of Satyrs.

DeV.
    On a serious note. It will change every week and its copyright ok for us to use it.

DeV.

well I for one have blocked it. i really really think farside would be ten million times better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Perhaps, but this is an Irish comic. See how it might get have gotten selected? Besides, it ain't that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 HOT_ALPHA_MALE

DeVore wrote:
    What? We do?!?

DeV.

This is clearly far too intelligent for me to comprehend. My looks can only get me so far.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'd love to see the Farside too, but as far as I know Gary Larson (and his lawyers) is extremely strict on the use of his cartoons on websites. I doubt Boards would be able to get copyright approval.

Advertisement