Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone Warehouse...dont bother

Options
  • 02-12-2005 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

An email i wrote to carphone ware house after constantly gettin fobbed off and let down

"The journey of a phone"

"Commited to your customer satisfaction"? Are you really, surely this is a typo on your part, I know i could phrase it better. So my Samsung D500 phone starts acting funny, no worries it happens to most people, and hey i have insurance anyway (thank god i pay nearly the full price of my phone yearly for this service). Great, i better get in touch with them, well i live in Longford better make sure they have a replacement phone in Liffey Valley before i drive 2 1/2 hours to get there, they do..great ! So ill drive up , hand it over, and wait, i explain the 2 problems with my phone 1) the new ability to reset itself when last dialled button is pressed and 2) the ear piece has ceased to do as it says on it the tin, no speaker, no phone calls..simple really

im told no problem sir, 10 - 14 days...awe cheers buddy, i can wait, these things need alota professional work and time...you go guys, do your thing !! Now young man, can i please get the replacement phone...you dont have any ? but i rang and checked...oh you have 4, why'd he say none, oh well he must have forgot....eh...ill have that piece of Nostalgic history, what is it the almighty nokia 3310, whats that, i have to cough up €35 deposit (jesse now im really glad i pay €60 a year for this service) , thanks ill hear from ye soon....1 week......echo echo....2 weeks....hello....3 weeks ah me phones back, well aint that brilliant, right another 2 1/2 hour drive up , but no worries, though i enjoyed my time with the 2 hour battery lasting Archieved nokia itll be nice to reunited with my all gleaming, all spanking D500... but wait wheres the box for my replacement phone, oh im sure those nice folks at Carphone Warehouse will laugh it off and say its only a box, sorry guy i actually dont know where the box is, but heres everything else..oh ok your gonna take €10 of my deposit for the box? oh ok happy christmass to you too...look just any chance of phone please, thanks, so he's looked through the maintenance report , tells me its all good, thanks guys, have a good one

so i drive home, its nice, back to the modern phone...3 hours later (these christmas traffic jams really are gettin worse every year), charge up my uncharged phone, turn it on....ahhh hello little cutie, mini christmas feeling for me, check problem no.1 ...will she reset when i hit last call button? dont be silly, of course it doesnt...sweet, right ill ring my girlfriend and have a chat, dam the bloody reception, i cant hear a word shes saying, ah im too warm anyway ill go outside and ring her, fecking reception....no......no.....it cant be...IT IS , speaker still broke , i need to sit down, golly gosh...but the really funny thing is its worse than before....at least before the it sounded like person on other end had a muffler on, now ...well now theres no sound a tall a tall...maybe their sleeping...Awe bless

come on brain think, think, oh i *did* explain the 2 problems 3 weeks ago, the guy *did* wrote down the details of my problem...he did he did, i knew it

ok ok ill do a google and see what happens

huh whats this....

oh no i could have saved myself all the bother, 3 weeks to do this....

http://www.expansys.ie/forumthread.asp?code=116173&thread=297

ahem....*cough*

http://www.expansys.ie/forumthread.asp?code=116173&thread=289

ah sure ill ring Lifeline back, after all "Commited to your customer satisfaction"? is staring me in the face...What? Drive back up give you the phone again? another 3 weeks? Ho ho ho happy Christmas

Im Oooozing Satisfaction

God Bless Everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Hope you didn't submit it like that!
    Very unprofessional...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

in fairness no-one is going to bother wading through that email...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That email gave me a headache.
    It'll give CPW a good laugh, though. Hardly the intended result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Bp! wrote:
    An email i wrote to carphone ware house after constantly gettin fobbed off and let down

"The journey of a phone"

"Commited to your customer satisfaction"? Are you really, surely this is a typo on your part, I know i could phrase it better. So my Samsung D500 phone starts acting funny, no worries it happens to most people, and hey i have insurance anyway (thank god i pay nearly the full price of my phone yearly for this service). Great, i better get in touch with them, well i live in Longford better make sure they have a replacement phone in Liffey Valley before i drive 2 1/2 hours to get there, they do..great ! So ill drive up , hand it over, and wait, i explain the 2 problems with my phone 1) the new ability to reset itself when last dialled button is pressed and 2) the ear piece has ceased to do as it says on it the tin, no speaker, no phone calls..simple really

im told no problem sir, 10 - 14 days...awe cheers buddy, i can wait, these things need alota professional work and time...you go guys, do your thing !! Now young man, can i please get the replacement phone...you dont have any ? but i rang and checked...oh you have 4, why'd he say none, oh well he must have forgot....eh...ill have that piece of Nostalgic history, what is it the almighty nokia 3310, whats that, i have to cough up €35 deposit (jesse now im really glad i pay €60 a year for this service) , thanks ill hear from ye soon....1 week......echo echo....2 weeks....hello....3 weeks ah me phones back, well aint that brilliant, right another 2 1/2 hour drive up , but no worries, though i enjoyed my time with the 2 hour battery lasting Archieved nokia itll be nice to reunited with my all gleaming, all spanking D500... but wait wheres the box for my replacement phone, oh im sure those nice folks at Carphone Warehouse will laugh it off and say its only a box, sorry guy i actually dont know where the box is, but heres everything else..oh ok your gonna take €10 of my deposit for the box? oh ok happy christmass to you too...look just any chance of phone please, thanks, so he's looked through the maintenance report , tells me its all good, thanks guys, have a good one

so i drive home, its nice, back to the modern phone...3 hours later (these christmas traffic jams really are gettin worse every year), charge up my uncharged phone, turn it on....ahhh hello little cutie, mini christmas feeling for me, check problem no.1 ...will she reset when i hit last call button? dont be silly, of course it doesnt...sweet, right ill ring my girlfriend and have a chat, dam the bloody reception, i cant hear a word shes saying, ah im too warm anyway ill go outside and ring her, fecking reception....no......no.....it cant be...IT IS , speaker still broke , i need to sit down, golly gosh...but the really funny thing is its worse than before....at least before the it sounded like person on other end had a muffler on, now ...well now theres no sound a tall a tall...maybe their sleeping...Awe bless

come on brain think, think, oh i *did* explain the 2 problems 3 weeks ago, the guy *did* wrote down the details of my problem...he did he did, i knew it

ok ok ill do a google and see what happens

huh whats this....

oh no i could have saved myself all the bother, 3 weeks to do this....

http://www.expansys.ie/forumthread.asp?code=116173&thread=297

ahem....*cough*

http://www.expansys.ie/forumthread.asp?code=116173&thread=289

ah sure ill ring Lifeline back, after all "Commited to your customer satisfaction"? is staring me in the face...What? Drive back up give you the phone again? another 3 weeks? Ho ho ho happy Christmas

Im Oooozing Satisfaction

God Bless Everyone

What a brutal email. Was it a complaint or what? Did you expect to be taken seriously when you sent it? What does it all mean?

I honestly don't get the intent of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bp!

Relax guys, i was just blowing off some steam! got so annoyed i just wrotea jibberish email to them! dont worry i aint expectin any results !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Bp! wrote:
    Relax guys, i was just blowing off some steam! got so annoyed i just wrotea jibberish email to them! dont worry i aint expectin any results !

Well that is fair enough, it was a funny enough rant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

Give the dude a break! He's just letting off steam. I concur. They can be absolute w@nkers to deal with.

You post is really difficult to follow though - its all over the place.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bp!

Ah i know well :v: , obvioulsy no proof reading or thought went into its writing,

though it does prove a point, its better to not need their help if your convineance is at stake

anyway no more jibberish from me !!

thanks for being my vent !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Damn funny well written rant, but as a serious complaint it fails brilliantly :v:

Advertisement