Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Battle of the Bands

Options
  • 02-12-2005 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Anyone catch the Battle of the Bands in the Carnival Bar on tuesday 29th Nov

Were there any good acts????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Couldnt make it I'm afraid, I had to play another DIT battle of the bands on the Wednesday (the one that seemed to have decent publicity), and had a fair few assignments due. Does anybody have a list of the acts and the winners etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

So I hear Jemson Green won they beat a band called the 4th state anyone make it i hear there was one hell of a show put on

Jameson Green won? Was that the final final or the preliminary? I'm glad they won, they're a class band. I played in a botb a while back and they played and didnt even get in the top 3, which was a complete joke. They're really very good, frontman sounds good and has good stage presence, everyone plays well etc. My only criticism might be too many guitar solos, but some people might think thats their strong point. Thats class anyhows, fair play.

Anyone know if the final final has already been on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Freeliving

Yeah i was down at the final. It was a hell of a night. Jemson Green played and literally ran off stage to some charity gig in the Voodoo Lounge. They weren't around when they were announced as the winners but arrived back later in the night. Was a great night. I've just been to their website there and they are actually playing in Eamonn Doran's on sat 14th. reckon it'll be a good night

Oh so they one the whole thing? Thats pretty class. I wonder who in the band is in DIT? Eamon Dorans? Ick... I'm not a fan of that place for gigs, sound quality is normally dire.

• Advertisement

i'm not sure which one is in DIT but yeah they won the whole thing, think the prize was recording time or something....i went to the eamonn doran's gig on saturday. sound was a bit off alright but the band fuc*ing rocked, the place was packed. Im definately going to keep an eye out on their site for their next gig.

Has anyone gotten a text recently about going for drinks in the IVY? Most likely occurs if the B&T jerks got your number... well... funny that.

What were the other Final Band like? I hear their fairly lively.....

Also was that the Jemson Green gig on Sat 14th I hear they had another DIT band with them?

Yeah there was a band on with them called Open Door Policy. They are a class little act. was a bit of a mental night with a bit of an energetic crowd. the other band were the 4th state from the BOTB. they are a kind of old school rock and roll band...solid enough!

I'm digging the old school rock sound... thats what I liked about Jameson Green, they had a bit of nostalgia about them, whereas most of the bands playing before them were all far too eager to fit the moulds that are popular at the moment.

• Advertisement

So even open door policy and the 4th state??? I heard Jemson green were like a poor version of Pearl Jam

No, I was playing in a botb the week before the official dit one and thats where I saw them. They didn't even get in the top 3 which was a shame as I think they well deserved it. Bit too much winking and reputation hand shaking goin on, but sure it was charity.

Advertisement