Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Eirborne bastards!!!

• 02-12-2005 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

They're a shower of cúnts!
    They took €8 out of my credit last month, I rang them, the girl was really rude and said "i've unsubscribed you, someone will get back to you tomorrow, bye".

They took €6 from me on Wednesday, I rang them up just now, they said "Oh you're not subscribed to anything, our manager isn't here today but someone will get back to you". I said, "Is anyone actually going to get back to me, I want my money back" and she said they will.

Shower of ****!

*/end of rant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Rant to someone who will listen.... and then maybe take action.
    The more who people rant without taking action, the more such companies will continue to operate.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Keep your messages,
    Tell them that you have unsubscribed but are still getting messages.
    DEMAND to speak to a manager.

They will give in and issue a postal order for your credit.

Worked for me, just be arrogant and keep ringing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

mik_da_man wrote:
    Keep your messages,
    Tell them that you have unsubscribed but are still getting messages.
    DEMAND to speak to a manager.

They will give in and issue a postal order for your credit.

Worked for me, just be arrogant and keep ringing

But that's the thing-there are no messages! I looked at my Recent calls on the O2 website and it just said "SMS In- €2.00".

Ask them to provide written proof that u have been unsubscribed.

Tell them that your operator's records show messages recieved from them after you were 'unsubscribed'

They pulled the same trick on me, I asked for written proof and it scared them!

then they refunded me

Mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

whiskeyman wrote:
    Rant to someone who will listen.... and then maybe take action.
    The more who people rant without taking action, the more such companies will continue to operate.

Wrong people ... it's RegTel www.regtel.ie that you need to rant to. RegTel look after all premium rate services.

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote:
    Ask them to provide written proof that u have been unsubscribed.

Tell them that your operator's records show messages recieved from them after you were 'unsubscribed'

They pulled the same trick on me, I asked for written proof and it scared them!

then they refunded me

Mik

Have they left you alone since?
    They're supposed to ring me today, no word yet. :mad:

Yep no more messages from them.

It took 4 phone calls demanding to speak to a manager, then requesting the written proof from the system.

I got a postal order for €8 for messages recieved when I had unsubscribed from them.
    about 3 days after i called

but all the messages have stopped

Mik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I would of said don't subscribe in the first place.

They didn't ring yesterday, I'm going to ring them later when I've done a load of study so I'll be good and cranky. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

My advice is get onto them 4 or 5 times a day get names of all people you speak to tell them you are making a formal complaint to comreg-regtel if you get no satisfaction in 24 hours!!! Also be rude and aggressive!!!lol it will work if they think you mean business....goodluck

• Advertisement
Advertisement