Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alternative to nasal sprays?

• 02-12-2005 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for any advice on what I can replace nasal sprays with. I am currently a twice daily user of sudafed to help with my sinitus. Doc advised long term use of antihistamines, but they don't work half as well as the spray.

An ex-spray user told me to quit as too much actually makes the issue worse, not better. It has come to the point now where if I don't have the spray my sinuses close up fully and I can't breathe through my nose at all!

I am looking for something natural and non-damaging to replace the spray but that will be effective too. Someone else mentioned filling an empty spray bottle with water, as its just a case of keeping the nose lining moist? Not sure about this though :rolleyes:

Any help greatly received!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Sterimar is a sterilised seawater solution. You can get it in Boots and many other chemists' shops. Spray and snuffle it up when you're in the shower each day; it helps to shake your head slightly just after doing it, for some reason.

It also helps to keep the place very dust-free.

And there's a tai chi exercise where you massage the sinuses in circles with your forefinger tips - beside your nose, just above the nostrils, massaging up and away from the nose and back.

Advertisement