Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pub grub in dublin city centre?

• 02-12-2005 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

My friends and I want to find a pub for saturday night that serves decent food but where we can then enjoy a few beers in a good atmosphere without having to move on...we are getting old y'see and the oul legs can't handle standing all night. Have thought of a few but rejected them for various reasons e.g. The Clarendon (stops serving food at 8pm), Ba Mizu (bit poncey), Market Bar (been there too many times). Anyone got any suggestions?
    Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭irishraven

Why not try the Met bar on the keys? I've eaten there a few times and it was pretty good! You could always try the village on Camden st but i'm not 100% on when they stop serving!

There are no lack of bars in Dublin but same can't be said for bars that serve food till late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭i am a lady

thanks raven, i have been to the met bar for a drink once or twice but never ate there. it was pretty quiet the times i drank there but sure we might give it a lash...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Porterhouse

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The Office (Used to be Oil Can Harry's) on Mount Street do lovely lunches.. Their chicken paninis are gorgeous... They do other stuff like bangers and mash etc too

Tazz T wrote:
    Porterhouse

thanks tazz, i like the porterhouse but my friends are not so keen...no idea why. good beer, good food, good scenery, good music. but hey, too much of a good thing might be bad for us...

• Advertisement

xzanti wrote:
    The Office (Used to be Oil Can Harry's) on Mount Street do lovely lunches.. Their chicken paninis are gorgeous... They do other stuff like bangers and mash etc too

do you know if they serve dinner? maybe i'll just google them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

The Vaults at Connolly Station? Very nice food last time I ate there.

Sarsfield wrote:
    The Vaults at Connolly Station? Very nice food last time I ate there.

Oh right - that would be quite handy, will check it out. Actually has reminded me of the Harbourmaster too, hadn't thought of that side of town at all...thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

pravda, on the henry street side of hapenny bridge, do good bar food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I think The Lotts beside the Epicurian is very good. Good starting point for the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Also O Neills on suffolk street do a mean carvery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I love the food in the Porterhouse.

Advertisement