Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game shafting people

• 02-12-2005 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if this happened to anyone else

Pre-ordered a Premium Xbox 360 in Game when Microsoft announced it, not sure of the date

Called in a couple of times since and reaffirmed my interest in it

Got a phone call from Game a few weeks ago asking me what games I would like with my console and confirmed that it was the Premium system

My girlfriend who booked it for me and was buying it for me as a Birthday/Christmas present called them yesterday to confirm that they would have it, the said it would be no problem and confirmed it was the premium system

This morning she went in to collect it, handed over her laser card and collected the bag without thinking about it only to look at it when she got into her office to find that they had sold her the Core system

We went back to them and they claim we ordered the Core system, showed us their order book which showed that they had ordered a core system for us. This is horse**** of the highest order, I never once expressed any interest in the Core system

Met another customer in the store who said they did the same thing to him, despite numerous confirmations that he was getting a Premium system he arrived today to be handed a Core system and be told that, that is what he ordered.

If they didn't receive enough to fulfill their orders all they had to do was ring yesterday and say that they wouldn't have the premium system, I would have been disappointed yes but now I am just plain angry

My girlfriend cried her eyes out because she now has no birthday present to give me and all because someone didn't have the balls to say that they didn't have enough stock to fill the orders

I will never shop in Game again

Apologies for the rant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

were u able to get ur cash back ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

That's really poor form. Muppets tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm sorry to say it but this is the kind of thing I predicted here the other day - they almost had me queuing up early to end up getting a poxy Core system, it was only that I knew there was a short supply of the premium system that I queried them and found out it was a poxy Core system they were trying to flog me.

Some posters in another thread proposed a boycott of Game because of these antics, and predatory pricing on launch days. I'm all for it and they will never be getting a penny of my cash - hopefully others will do the same and they will get the message that you can't try to sucker people like this and get away with it.

Hope you get one soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Thanks for the positive replies guys

They refunded the money no problem, the manager was a bit of a prick though, refused to take any blame for it and insisted we had ordered the Core system

Not too worried about when I get it, I can wait, can still play games on the PS2 and Gamecube.

More worried and annoyed at what they have done to my girlfriend, she is really upset and blames herself, she thinks they shafted her because she is a girl, if I had ordered I would have been more likely to get one

Not sure I agree with her as I met a guy in the same situation but I can't get her to calm down about it

Anywhoo I will get one eventually, the chances of getting one before Christmas don't look too good so that is upsetting her as well

Thanks guys, hope everyone who did get one enjoys it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Now thats a good attitude. Fair Play!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Thanks for the positive replies guys
    ....efused to take any blame for it and insisted we had ordered the Core system

Not too worried about when I get it, I can wait, can still play games on the PS2 and Gamecube.

Which branch was it??

I fully expected them to pull that stunt on me........

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Thats pretty bad form alright, hope you casued a scene in the store when you went bad. :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

There also charging 80 quid for Call of Duty 2 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

rang Game where mine is pre-booked and its waiting for me (premuim).

The girl on the phone actually said there had been a few problems with people thinking they had ordered the Premium but hadn't so got the core.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

which store was it?
    I remember when taking pre-orders at first that we had no core preorders and loads of premium ones, so much so that we had to use the core system sheets to record the details, but the "core system" at the top was always scribbled out, and the code that went through the tills (and that actually matters as far as the order goes) was always the premium code.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

flogen wrote:
    which store was it?
    I remember when taking pre-orders at first that we had no core preorders and loads of premium ones, so much so that we had to use the core system sheets to record the details, but the "core system" at the top was always scribbled out, and the code that went through the tills (and that actually matters as far as the order goes) was always the premium code.

It was Game in Dawson street

When we ordered the orders were being kept in a book, there was no sign of the sheet I got shown today with my name on it

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noobsaibot21

Fret not,

Virgin will have more consoles in next Friday 9th (or so i've been told by head office). Not sure weather they'll be Core or Premium.
    They shouldn't have bothered with Core systems to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 HornPilot

Where the hell are Virgin these days??(;) ) one up in blanch centre where else??

Yeah the core was a stupid idea but a good one on ms's side as they will gain more money through people running out and getting a core and all the accessories just so they have one for launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

GAME Dawson Street is probably one of the worst gaming shops in Dublin. Their second hand prices are a joke - €49.99 for PSP games and the like and as you said, they're charging €80 for several 360 games. The problem is that they've no competition where they are since the end of EB, while at least in places like the Square, competitors like Xtra-Vision keep them in check.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

GAME Dawson Street is probably one of the worst gaming shops in Dublin. Their second hand prices are a joke - €49.99 for PSP games and the like and as you said, they're charging €80 for several 360 games. The problem is that they've no competition where they are since the end of EB, while at least in places like the Square, competitors like Xtra-Vision keep them in check.

Actually preowned prices are standard across Game stores, just like new item prices, it's nothing to do with the nearby competition, Game in general are just money hungry. The only thing that makes a difference with preowned prices is the amount the store has in stock, so if they have 1 copy of a game it will cost more than if they had 100 copies of the game, but generally the system only changes prices when there is a high number of said game across the company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Is the Premium the more expensive one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 HornPilot

Sweet wrote:
    Is the Premium the more expensive one?

yes, its 410.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noobsaibot21

Where the hell are Virgin these days??( ) one up in blanch centre where else??

Liffey Valley, Tallaght, Dundalk (new), Limerick (new), Cork, Blanch & a new superstore in Dundrum.
    Jack Charlton Will Be There This Thursday

Advertisement