Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Highland Terriers

Options
  • 02-12-2005 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Does anyone know where I can check out the above Terriers as I wish to buy
    one if not 2 in the new year. My friends used to own 2 and they were magic dogs but I now have a 3 yr old girl and would love to bring one home.
    Any info would be a help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

have you thought about waiting for ones to come up in rescue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Have to say I spent yesterday evening in the company of a charming middle aged rescue Westie who would be the perfect gentle friend for a three year old girl...

But sorry, he already has a home and if you tried to get him BLOOD would flow!:D

You could even cut out the middleman all together and rescue a westie or two from the pound? They do turn up, either as strays, or sometimes surrendered because the owners cannot relate to the *opinionated* nature of these little guys. Here are the main Dublin Pounds:

Ashtown Pound
    (serving the Dublin corporation and Fingal area - pound is close to Castleknock and Blanchardstown centre. )
    PHONE: 01 838 3236 & 868 3038
    ADDRESS: River Road 15
    HOURS: Open daily until 5pm and weekends 10am to 12.

Sth. Dublin area Pound
    Blackhall Boarding Kennels,
    Summerhill Road, Blackhall, Dunboyne, Co. Meath.
    TeL: 01-8026676 or 087 6961116
    PUBLIC OPENING HOURS: Monday - Friday 2.00pm - 4.00pm Saturday 11.00am - 1.00pm
    BY APPOINTMENT Monday to Friday 9am - 2pm & 4pm - 5pm Saturday 9am - 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

if you join petsireland alot of the pound dogs' photos are posted in urgent matters on the site so you would know when one comes in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 walkmanwilly

Ok People...Appreciated!
    Never thought of the pounds but worth a try.....
    Suppose with Christmas coming,Id say middle January should be throwing
    up a few strays on the sides of the country roads.
    Since Im in the midlands, might put an ad in the papers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

There is a Westie Rescue based in Louth
    You should be able to get the details if you join the Pets Ireland site as before
    My mum got a lovely little rescue westie a couple of years ago - mad as a brush but they are all like that I think :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 walkmanwilly

Mad as a Brush......Excellent,just what the house needs as my girl is exactly that so they should cancel each other out....maybe!:rolleyes:

There is a Westie in Dunboyne Pound right now.

:D

Sth. Dublin area Pound
    Blackhall Boarding Kennels,
    Summerhill Road, Blackhall, Dunboyne, Co. Meath.
    TeL: 01-8026676 or 087 6961116
    PUBLIC OPENING HOURS: Monday - Friday 2.00pm - 4.00pm Saturday 11.00am - 1.00pm
    BY APPOINTMENT Monday to Friday 9am - 2pm & 4pm - 5pm Saturday 9am - 11am

AND another one in Ashton:

Ashtown Pound
    (serving the Dublin corporation and Fingal area - pound is close to Castleknock and Blanchardstown centre. )
    PHONE: 01 838 3236 & 868 3038
    ADDRESS: River Road 15
    HOURS: Open daily until 5pm and weekends 10am to 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

If you get 1 free fair play mine cost me 400 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dexter saab

i own a westie but you have to be very careful how to handle them my one attacked my friends child and he wasnt provoked . he constantly barks at strangers and is always digging. just dont spoil them thats what i did .i fell for there appearances

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

I presume your buying this dog to give to an enemy?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 brookbrook

what bus to get to ashtown pound it has been years since i was there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Brookbrook, I think it's the 39, get off opposite the Half-way House, cross the road. I'm pretty sure it's signposted from there.

Advertisement