Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why...

Options
  • 02-12-2005 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

Am I still banned from the Fs computers forum??
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

why don't you ask the mod who banned you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

I would if I knew who Banned me or even who Mods in there...But I dont and I cant see cos It wont let me it in....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Log out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

:(

Can "Why am I banned" threads PLEASE be a sitebannable offence?

Or perhaps a sticky that says "Do NOT post Why am I Banned threads here"

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

steveland? wrote:
    :(

Can "Why am I banned" threads PLEASE be a sitebannable offence?

Or perhaps a sticky that says "Do NOT post Why am I Banned threads here"
    I wouldn't even mind it that much other than that I PM every single person I ban telling them why, which while for the most part *seems* pointless, probably keeps Feedback a lot clearer than it would otherwise be.

I wish we had some sort of ban tracking system, but if it's not already coded up somewhere as a plugin I wouldn't even ask the admins to devote their time to making the prison system more efficient; there's more important stuff to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I assume that ye have some type of mod forum, that only ye can access? What we have on sw.com, is a thread in that forum where we list each person we ban, why and for how long. Could be an idea for yourselves.

chrislad wrote:
    I assume that ye have some type of mod forum, that only ye can access? What we have on sw.com, is a thread in that forum where we list each person we ban, why and for how long. Could be an idea for yourselves.
    That would be a nice idea alright, it's been suggested a couple of times in the last few months actually but with the seach function down it seemed it would be a little difficult to manage...

Seeing as that's no longer an issue, I'd personally like an "FS Mods" subsection to the mod forum for dealing with bans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Is it possible to do a fourm based notification system similar to the site ban list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Rabies wrote:
    Is it possible to do a fourm based notification system similar to the site ban list
    All those things were already coded into the vBulletin database.

It was just a matter of regi coming up with the right queries to pull that data and put it on the page.

AFAIK the modutils page to ban people from individual forums is something ecksor wrote so it'd be a lot harder to code something like that

Eh...Hello?? I thought this is where you ask?
    And I didnt get a pm...say when I could be unbanned.

• Advertisement

jezza wrote:
    Eh...Hello?? I thought this is where you ask?
    And I didnt get a pm...say when I could be unbanned.
    Why were you banned in the first place?

("I don't know" is generally not a good response, fyi).

I deserved to be banned because I opened a new thread and said everything was sold..But that was like during the summer? Am i banned for life or wha'?

jezza wrote:
    I deserved to be banned because I opened a new thread and said everything was sold..But that was like during the summer? Am i banned for life or wha'?
    No, I suppose not, I don't see any other reason for you to still be banned.

Ban lifted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement