Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disintergration of The Simpsons

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

I ignore the simpsons now. Its a shame really. Had they stopped in the late nineties, (possibly when Phil Hartman died) it would correctly be considered the greatest tv program of all time. They have simply ruined their legacy by going on too long.

As for the Family Guy being better. Family Guy is like a sqeaky fart. Funny, but any five year old could do it. I thought the South park manatee skit was well placed. The Simpsons in their heyday, wasnt just the funniest cartoon, but also up there with the most intellegent comedy on television. Those who have persisted with it have ruined the memory. Its a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Quite liked the Grimey episode myself.

Personally I thought the 1st series of Family Guy was the only brilliant one, Im mystified as to its later popularity (people only started watching it around series 3 onwards and thought it was the dogs bollix). Seldom laughed as hard at South Park than the episodes sending up the sometimes funny but ultimately pointless and stupid flashbacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

i reckon its still great.Fair enough waay to many celeb guest appearances (simon cowell episode being particularily poor) but it still makes me laugh.

I like the way the characters have developed , plus the writers have changed the show allowing other characters in Springfield to shine aswell.
    I found alot of the old episodes too sacherine sweet with family values, theres less emphassis on Marge and Lisa now and that can only be a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

i reckon its still great.Fair enough waay to many celeb guest appearances (simon cowell episode being particularily poor) but it still makes me laugh.

I like the way the characters have developed , plus the writers have changed the show allowing other characters in Springfield to shine aswell.
    I found alot of the old episodes too sacherine sweet with family values, theres less emphassis on Marge and Lisa now and that can only be a good thing.

Wrong, Sir! Wrong!

I'm afraid the Simpsons today is a shambles, a mess and nothing compared to what it was in its prime. There is no disputing the fact that it just doesn't contain the laughs or the heart it once did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

My 2 cents: up to and including 10 is gold. The number of good ones in 11 begins to diminish. The last couple have had 2 or 3 good episodes. Pretty much agree with the comments here, even though they're well old!

Advertisement