Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anniverseries, ramblings, changes?

Options
  • 02-12-2005 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

Well, I know I'm a little late (I did think of it at the time, but for some reason I just never hit the post button.), but happy 1st birthday to the Models board!

I'd like to thank all of the regulars, who kept it going in the slow patches, and kept it vibrant in the fast patches. Without ye this board would have died within weeks.

Now, to real business. What's the future for us? Should we make changes, or leave it the way it is? If changes are to be made, what should they be?

Any opinions and/or suggestions welcome, any at all.

The guy who has yet to figure out that his board isn't about women posing semi-nude,
    Fobia.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Hope the last bit didn't disappoint you too much, Fobia !

Happy 1st birthday :D

Trying to think of improvements but not getting any bright ideas right now. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

considering we often get people saying "dont know if this is the right forum but.." models well, i'm "idir dha chomhairle" between two minds on it myself, it could easily be subdivided, models - die cast etc. I doint know if this is even what you mean..hmm.. i liked coolwings' idea of "the pic of your model "something along those lines. meh see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Improvements: Anyway of being able to attach video files..........or is this beyond our scope..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

syl77 wrote:
    Improvements: Anyway of being able to attach video files..........or is this beyond our scope..:confused:

Afraid so, that's something the admins would have to do, and they wont - although the bandwidth from our videos might be minimal, and we have new servers now, there still isn't enough hardware/bandwidth for proper video attachment afaik.
    between two minds on it myself, it could easily be subdivided, models - die cast etc. I doint know if this is even what you mean..hmm.. i liked coolwings' idea of "the pic of your model

That can be done if wanted, all it'd take is a nice pm to Cloud.

Something which has interested me is the new portal facility at www.boards.ie/portals . We could get one for the models board, I'm just not sure if it'd be used enough, or whether we need one at all.

I'll leave it open for discussion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

How about dedicated a Buy/Sell area in here in the Model Forum ? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It's popped into my head , but would it be used? There certainly arent enough buy/sell posts to justify a separate forum, but forums here are often made on the "build it and they will come" idea. Think they'll come if we build a buy and sell forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

vectra wrote:
    How about dedicated a Buy/Sell area in here in the Model Forum ? :rolleyes:
    It would totally go against the grain of the rest of boards. Theres loads of forums that could potentially have a dedicated FS section, but they dont. They're all bundled under the FS section of the site, and thats the best way to do it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

They're all bundled under the FS section of the site, and thats the best way to do it IMO.

I rarely pop over to the general FS section, whereas I would stick my nose in here several times a day as this would be more in my interest as against "General Items" :)

Like I said, " Just a thought" :D

The idea of the FS forum and a flag thread here, that is currently in use, works ok for me.

coolwings wrote:
    The idea of the FS forum and a flag thread here, that is currently in use, works ok for me.

Aye, I don't there's enough traffic of that sort to justify a new forum (which, btw, would be under the Shop/FS section if approved..), maybe a poll or something is in order once all the ideas are brought to the table..

Any others? What do ye think of the portal idea?

• Advertisement

Dear Fobia
    When you say portal - do you mean live discussion in a single thread, held at prearranged times?
    Yours sincerely
    very confused

Sorry, I got the link wrong in my first post, it's this: http://my.boards.ie/

What we'd be getting is the Community portal thing. Nothing big I think it'd just be an article about the board, but if we do it we should do it right (ie not just me writing about how planes are "like, cool and stuff?" :p ).

A small idea to start things off is all it was. Get the ball rolling and all that.

Fobia wrote:
    ...ie not just me writing about how planes are "like, cool and stuff?"
    But they are :D:D:D

BTW..You didn't happen to recognise the flier in the video
    (link I posted earlier in the xmas present thread)
    did you?
    (Hint: What music did Fred put to the video.)

coolwings wrote:
    BTW..You didn't happen to recognise the flier in the video
    (link I posted earlier in the xmas present thread)
    did you?
    (Hint: What music did Fred put to the video.)

I havent seen it - I'm on dialup atm due to power problems with my broadband connection. Will get it when I'm back up - eager to see it now!

Advertisement