Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neville New United Captain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Definetly the right man for the job and probabaly the only real vaible option imo

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Good appointment, plenty of experience and not afraid to give a tongue lashing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

im not his biggest fan, but i have come to appreciate his loyalty, guts and determination. the only player at the moment in the squad who could do the job.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think he was the only one they were going to give it to tbh. There are no other options at Man U at the moment. He should be a decent enough captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

He was the obvious choice United through and through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Yup, agree with that

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Ferguson and Van Nistelrooy have both given their backing to Neville's appointment(In Fergusons point explaining the reasons behind the appointment)

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=330917&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Fergie+and+Ruud+back+new+skipper&channel=football_home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Yeah he'll make a good captain, better than giggs r RVN in my opinion, Neville isnt the greatest full back of all time but he is solid, it takes a very good winger to get the better of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Yup gets my vote .

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Also gets by the wide man and is able to put in a decent cross. Hopefully our good run will continue now that we seem to have a settled team(save 1 maybe 2 positions), formation and now a full time captain n place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

He deserves it on his consistency over last five/six seasons....Giggs aint a leader and he aint gonna be getting a whole lot of games..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

He's the only one they could of gave it too. Its a pity Paddy Vieira still isn't round for the pre-match handshakes.

Never forget how he sounded like a little girl in the Keano tunnel incident shouting "get away from me" at Vieira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Lemlin wrote:
    He's the only one they could of gave it too. Its a pity Paddy Vieira still isn't round for the pre-match handshakes.

Never forget how he sounded like a little girl in the Keano tunnel incident shouting "get away from me" at Vieira.

Something tells me you might be misjudging Neville. I don't think he is the type to let himself or his teammates be intimidated, unlike paddy is said incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lemlin wrote:

that handshake was one of the funniest moments in football i had ever seen....man, where did Vieira disappear to for the rest of that match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The Muppet wrote:
    Something tells me you might be misjudging Neville. I don't think he is the type to let himself or his teammates be intimidated, unlike paddy is said incident.

All I know is that all you can hear is Neville roaring "get away from me" in a very child-like, girly tone. Watch the clip again if you can. He doesn't sound at all intimidating to me. I'm not even a Keano fan but I admire what he did that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Geg124

He gets my vote aswell. He is the only player at Man Utd at the moment capable of leading the team forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Neville is probably the best choice of what's there, but like was already stated, he needed Keane to stand up to Vieria for him and is far from being a natural leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Without doubt the best choice. Still probably has about four years left in him to I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

ya possibly 3or4 years left. Delighted, the best possible option

Advertisement