Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Seinfeld moment?

• 02-12-2005 2:21pm

Gotta be the scene in Bubble Boy when you hear him scream at his mother from the other room...

'Hey Ma, what the hell do I gotta do to get food around here? And if it's peanut butter I'm gonna shove it in your face'

That episode is genius...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

My man, you know there's a Seinfeld forum on boards, right?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=156

;) That should keep ya happy!

P.S. Yep, Bubble Boy episode is sitcom genius...the Moops.

It's not the Moops you idiot...It's MOOOOOORS...;)

That board only has three threads though. Have people lost the faith?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

there are classics in every episode, enjoyed one the other night when kramer is worried about his sperm count the end with him screaming out the window at Jerry that he may have got elaine's friend pregnant
    'Jerry, She's 'late', SHE'S LATE!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

so many favourites..

when kramer comes in to Jerry from having been sunbathing on the roof while covered in butter and he's all burnt "Stick a fork in me Jerry, I'm done!"

terri hatcher playing one of jerry's girlfriends declaring about her breasts:"they're real and they're spectacular"

elaine cracking up when jerry puts the pez dispenser on her knee during a concert recital

in del boca vista, kramer decides to run for election for president of the complex. george asks jerry who he is running against, jerry replies "common sense and a guy in a wheelchair"

....hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

have to add the one where elaine is assessing if her boyfriends are sponge worthy.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

for me, has to be the frogger episode, pure genius.

there's a few clasic clips on ifilm at the mo, http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2680216

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

"your their number 1 all time best seller"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

hmm the one with the man-bra on georges dad and his wife walk in...

the golfball in the whales blowhole...

the gay muggers stealing elaine's bureau from kramer

gerry driving his friends to his non-existant house in the hamptons and neither of them break till they get there. LOL

there was that episode where gerry goes out with this girl that looks like him, and then I saw Gerry on Oprah and his RL wife looks like him??

Master of my domain :D

Lord of the Manor...Queen of the Castle...

How abuot Kramer getting into the Subway and his stumble from one seat to the next as they are quickly filled...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

the best episode has gotta be the one were everyone thinks they are gay - not that theres anything wrong with that! :p

Lord of the Manor...Queen of the Castle...

How abuot Kramer getting into the Subway and his stumble from one seat to the next as they are quickly filled...

Hahahaha, made me laugh just thinking about it... because it reminds me so much of me on the subway :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Bizarro Jerry
    Nuff said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

God, there's so many great moments I can think of. I think nearly every single episode of Seinfeld had at least one stand-out, really memorable moment.

One of my favourite episodes is the one at the car dealership. And, in particular, the bit where you can almost see the anger rising in George's face, can see the red rising up his face, up his cheeks, up to his forehead and then he just looks up and screams..........

TWIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!

..... as the camera spins around and zooms out from him! Fan-bloody-tastic! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The bit where Jerry askes the telemarketer for his home phone number so he can ring him back later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

They are at a party and this girl is looking for her 'baby' and elaine goes
    'the dingo ate your baby' in an awful aussie accent!

Also love it when george says 'stuff your sorries in a sack'

Pigman II wrote:
    The bit where Jerry askes the telemarketer for his home phone number so he can ring him back later.
    Yes, yes, ys.. that is the singl best ever moment! Totally! Brilliant, sheer genious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

just browsing seinwars there, see the transcript from yadayada that is the classic, reading transcripts can be really funny!

http://www.seinwars.com/features-the-yada-yada.htm

Did she yada yada sex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sad_professor

The 'puffy shirt' episode with Kramer's low-talking girlfriend. 'I think people wanna look like pirates!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭betelgeuse

the golfball in the whales blowhole...
    I think that could be my favourite episode. "Is anyone here a marine biologist?" :D

Or the bit in the Handicapped Spot where they're trying to convince Kramer to go back and get the car... "No chance in hell"... just the way he says it... it's classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

My favourite episode is when Elaine did her dance at the office party. I still grin when I think of it:p

mrblack

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

I love the one with the library cop comes to investigate Jerry about the overdue book. "Maybe that's how y'get your kicks. You and your good-time buddies. Well I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time is over":D
    Also the one where Kramer pretends to be a cop to get a statue or something back from some guy. Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

The end credits are the best part about Seinfeld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

The period at the end of your posts is even better.

Anyway , best moment has to be when Georges girlfriend gets the nosejob. When she takes off the bandages.
    Jerry : it looks great *forcing a grin*
    Kramer : you got butchered

Or George when he starts doing everything opposite and he approaches the girl in the restaraunt." Hi , im George , unemployed and live with my parents "

Yeah, they are always really funny, more shows should have a comedy routine at the end!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭barrera

Defo the funniest moment ever is when Elaine reveals that she knows about Jerry's dirty talk moment with her friend. The way she delivers that line just has me roaring with laughter every time I hear it:

"I'm going over to my mother's...to wear the panties she laid out for me."

Runners-up:

Kramer when he takes the dog medicine.
    Kramer when he models for Calvin Klein
    Kramer (you get the picture) when he ends up in pimp clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

gerry driving his friends to his non-existant house in the hamptons and neither of them break till they get there. LOL

Wasn't this George with his future parents-in-law?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

i dont wanna be a cowboy!!!!

sweetie wrote:
    They are at a party and this girl is looking for her 'baby' and elaine goes 'the dingo ate your baby' in an awful aussie accent!
    nachos wrote:
    I love the one with the library cop comes to investigate Jerry about the overdue book. "Maybe that's how y'get your kicks. You and your good-time buddies. Well I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time is over":D

Two great ones there.

The library cop is brilliant. It's just so cheesy and over the top. And the way he leans forward to amphasise every threat...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Yeah the Mr Bookman one is brilliant.

"Rock was never my bag. But you put on a pair of shoes when you walk into the New York Public Library fella!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pearsquasher

Some more random classic moments:

- when Seinfeld can't sleep due to the neon chicken sign
    - Newman - "the humanity.....!"
    - George does the opposite to everything and still fails to get the girl
    "Believe it or not George isn't at home"
    -Kramer hands the marathon guy a hot coffee
    - "Mr. Pennypacker" "Mr.Van de Laay"

Classic episode:

"Soup Nazi"

You know it and I know it!

"You're through soup Nazi.. no more soup for you. NEXT!!!!!"

Ive got to do a "Curb" Thread... the abslute most perfect follow up ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

Here in New York they just showed the Festivus episode again. Jerry explains Festivus to Elaine, and Elaine, looking at George, says, "Ahhh, and another piece of the puzzle falls into place."

I LOVE that line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭TT&TO

from the first three seasons:

the restaurant:

"Fifty dollars?! I'd stick my face in their soup and blow!"

The parking garage:

"Its labouring, Jerry...its labouring..."[Elaine's fish]

can anyone tell me which season has the girlfriend with the 'man hands'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭betelgeuse

TT&TO wrote:
    can anyone tell me which season has the girlfriend with the 'man hands'?
    Season 8, The Bizarro Jerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

G to K - "You're Batman"

K - "Yeah, I'm Batman"

So, I'm fighting him off with one hand and driving the bus with the other, ... and I kicked him out at the next stop.. brilliant scene

Another cracker that I just picked up on was when Jerry was explaining to George how Kramer burned down the cabin that Susan's father built with the cigars that Kramer got from Susan's father (via George). ANd how when you look at it, that it was almost comical. Jerry was in the diner and asked George if he said that the incident was comical to Susan's father when explaining to him that he burnt down his cabin. George looked indignant and said "yeah" all pissed off. Then did the whoosh gesture of the joke going flying over Susan's father's head. Brilliant.

I think the scene where George does the opposite of all his insticts is the epitome of the series. You can see Larry David's influence all over the first series'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ive got to do a "Curb" Thread... the abslute most perfect follow up ever made.

Fave episodes are 'beloved *unt' and the one in season 4 with the prostitute and the weed. Is season 5 gonna be the last one?

sweetie wrote:
    Fave episodes are 'beloved *unt' and the one in season 4 with the prostitute and the weed.

The Doll, where Larry cuts the dolls hair and then has to swap its head with the head of a doll belonging to Jeff's daughter. The scene at the end with the kid in the toilet is just brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Here in New York they just showed the Festivus episode again. Jerry explains Festivus to Elaine, and Elaine, looking at George, says, "Ahhh, and another piece of the puzzle falls into place."

I LOVE that line!

Have to agree, a classic episode, ' A Festivus for the rest of us'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

My favorite moment? when it finished

I forgot the single funniest quote from the 9 series. When Kramer employed Darren the intern in his Kramerica company, and they were ready to test the oil bladder system for tankers.

"Darren, if you were to have said to me ten years ago that I would be here, on the brink of solving the world's energy crisis, I would have said that you are crazy....Now help me throw this giant ball of oil out the window"

Genius.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

betelgeuse wrote:
    I think that could be my favourite episode. "Is anyone here a marine biologist?" :D

The scene at the end where George is telling the others about the incident is pure gold!

"The sea was angry that day my friends..." :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Morgans wrote:
    I forgot the single funniest quote from the 9 series. When Kramer employed Darren the intern in his Kramerica company, and they were ready to test the oil bladder system for tankers.

"Darren, if you were to have said to me ten years ago that I would be here, on the brink of solving the world's energy crisis, I would have said that you are crazy....Now help me throw this giant ball of oil out the window"

Genius.

lol that´s another fantastic episode.

"And with Darrens help, we´ll get that chicken."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

has to be one of the all time classics

"No more soup for YOU!"

soup.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

"and then I come home to find my son treating his body like an amusement park"

:D my favorite show is the one where jerry and kramer go to the laundrette with the bag of cement because they think the man who owns it stole jerrys money!kramers expressions had me on the floor laughing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

"and then I come home to find my son treating his body like an amusement park"

hehe that was the funiest line ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Kingmaker

Has to be when the network pulled the plug on it.....sweet!!!

Kingmaker wrote:
    Has to be when the network pulled the plug on it.....sweet!!!

That right?

Strange, because that contract offer of $7m an episode to do one more series, which was refused by Jerry Seinfeld, was very widely reported at the time. Are you telling the world that this offer was not in fact made, and that the network just cancelled the show? Maybe they hated all that 'one of the most watched shows ever' business...

Kingmaker is a genius!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Psst - do not feed the troll...

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement