Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Seinfeld moment?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

30m viewers a week wasnt enough :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Kingmaker wrote:
    Has to be when the network pulled the plug on it.....sweet!!!

just about the dumbest thing i've ever read on boards
    during it's height it pulled 30 million viewers per episode
    which in advertising is worth a priceless amount to the network

seinfeld
    vandelay industries where george first pretends to be a architect
    there a lot other moments but that one just comes to mind

curb:
    when larry gets a mini orchestra to play wagner outside the house of the guy who accuses him being a self hating jew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mallard

zod wrote:
    has to be one of the all time classics

"No more soup for YOU!"

soup.jpg

Soup Nazi is definitely the greatest episode. Isn't it wierd how he looks like Jerry? Jerry's a Soup Nazi at heart too I think. The episode where George and Jerry pretend to be someone else to get a free limo ride and end up at the Aryan rally. I liked that one. Typical George. The finale was classic aswell.

As for Curb, the best episode is definitely the Crazy Eye Killer episode. I laughed so hard at that. "Are you my Caucasian?" Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

When Kramer decided that butter was more effective and yet cheaper than regular suntan oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

Mallard wrote:
    ... The episode where George and Jerry pretend to be someone else to get a free limo ride and end up at the Aryan rally. I liked that one.

It's always bothered me that the two Nazis where named Colin O'Brien and Dylan Murphy.

Couldn't Larry David have picked couple names that sounded slightly more ... oh, I don't know ... Germanic?

Couldn't Larry David have picked couple names that sounded slightly more ... oh, I don't know ... Germanic?

But afaik the sign by the Limo driver was for an O'Brien. If it had a German name, is it likely that Jerry and George would have happily taken it or might they have smelled a rat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

I dont think they were supposed to Nazis in the German sense, more white supremacists. But if you were to be picky, they could have chosen more protestant rather than Catholic names, but that's being picky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

George's answering machine..."Believe it or not George isn't at home.." "...where could he be ?.."

classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bar'El

D-Generate wrote:
    Bizarro Jerry
    Nuff said.

thats a classic alright

i also likr the one where jerry is trying to live up to fastest man alive repuation racing an old high school friend ,,even tho he cheated years ago ....classic when the superman themes comes on, class,,,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

So many classic moments, here are some of mine.

When Elaine reveals to Jerry that she faked it when they were going out- The Mango

George eating the eclair out of the trash- The Gymnast (he thinks he did nothing wrong LOL)

Kramer and Jerry's quarrel over little Jerry- The Little Jerry. Kramer: "Never he's doing more on your name that you'll ever will yea yea"

George watching Breakfast at Tiffanys in Joe and his daughters house- The Couch- (its bad enough he was there but to start complaing too haha.)

Elaine's rabbis freak out- The Glasses.

Jerry in the confessional stand with Father Curtis, absolutely sublime- The Yada Yada

Kramer yelling the indian chant out the cab window- The Cigar Store Indian.

Kramer's talk with Jer over the idea of marriage- The Engagement

George running out the bathroom yelling Vandelay Industries, classic and also The JFK parody ("That is one magic loogie")- The Boyfriend

When George's suggests to his girlfriend Bonnie about a menois a troi- The Label Maker

Kramer with the Merv Griffin set, too funny- Merv Griffin Show

Kramer pretending to be Dr Van Nostrand for George's boss Kruger- The Slicer

When Jerry and George go into NBC to discuss the show and George takes the idea of a show about nothing a bit too litreally.- The Pitch

2 great scenes in The Visa ep when Jer is forced to act all depressed in front of George's girlfriend cause George is afraid he'll upstage him and the end when she discovers the real George "I'm disturbed, I'm depressed, I'm inadequate I got it all"

Kramer's questions to George in Monks and you discover how empty George's life really is- The Keys

When Kramer reveals to George that they saw his girlfriend Jane topless and Jer proceeds with a classic line "Think of me as a doctor", also the same ep, when Rachel sees George naked and there was signifanct shrinkage "I was in the pool I was in the pool"- The Hamptons

Frank seeing all the guests at his dinner getting sick and it brings back bad memories of the war-The Fatigues

Jer and George concocting a plan how Jerry's girlfriend Laura can read George's girlfriends lips at a party

Jerry: She's not a novelty act George for weddings and Bar Mitzvahs
    George: Its a skill just like juggling, she'll prob enjoy showing it off

Elaine reveals to Jerry that his friend took it out, and Kramer instantly knows whats she's talking about- The Stand-In

Deena believing George is crazy and her fears aren't allayed when she sees him walking down the street in a King Henry VIII costume- The Gum

So many more thats a start from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

susan dying from the toxic glue on the envelopes and then in a later episode you see george going back to the shop he bought them in to get invitations for jerry's girlfriend.
    shopkeeper: i remember you. didn't you buy wedding invitations here?
    george: yeah.
    shopkeeper: how did that work out?
    george: it didn't.

then george later slips on one of the envelopes and ends up in the same hospital with the same doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

"So please, a little respect. For I am Costanza. Lord of the Idiots!"

barrera wrote:
    Runners-up:

Kramer when he takes the dog medicine.
    just watched that episode. the bit at the end with kramer trying to help the cops while barking like a dog is gold.

Kramer (you get the picture) when he ends up in pimp clothes.

"I'm not a pimp"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

julep wrote:
    susan dying from the toxic glue on the envelopes and then in a later episode you see george going back to the shop he bought them in to get

Susan died I always wondered what happened to her.. never saw those episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Susan died I always wondered what happened to her.. never saw those episodes.
    You've a treat in store....loads of stuff about how george has missed out on marrying into all this money...his involvement with the foundation, etc...

actually - just had another fave moment pop into my head...you know when george lands a job, 'cos he has a cane and ends up convincing his colleagues he's disabled so they have to install a stair-lift for him...when they show it, 9 to 5 playing in the background and you see costanza just waving at people and you just KNOW he's in for a slip-up...

• Advertisement

that's a great episode. i love the way he gets caught at the end of it.

another classic is the summer of george.

susan's death is probably one of the funniest things in the history of television and the follow up episodes are [kenny banya] gold, jerry. pure gold. [/kenny banya]

Kramer's turn in The Jimmy, where he wears the adapted trainers and has a shot of Novocaine and the AMCA make him a guest of honour at their function. The scene at the end with Mel Tormé singing to him is hilarious...

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

About all I can add to the list is the bit in The Outing where Jerry and George realise what's happened and George figures bringing Paula Marshall to bed will set the record straight. "You and me, baby! Right now."

Alexander's delivery is just so so perfect, it never fails to crack me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

not sure if this is up before but I wanted to revive the thread:

the episode where Jerry and Kramer watch the operation.

When Jerry says "let's go watch them slice this fat bastard open."

brilliant. even the look on his face as he is half laughing!

Atrocity wrote:
    the episode where Jerry and Kramer watch the operation.

The Junior Mint?

Another great great moment is when Kramer goes to LA, and he goes to this audition. And the guy says 'which audition, the music video, the horror movie, the exercise tape or the horror movie'. The montage that follows is brilliant, Kramer with a mullet wig with a group of kids, bouncing up and down, drinking something green and wincing and just standing and screaming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the one where kramer and his mate get work in hospital imitating disease and kramer takes it super serious

The Junior Mint?

yeah that's the one, thanks!

I saw Newman's "OH THE HUMANITY" moment listed above somewhere, that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Yeah there all great moments, a few that weren't metioned that I still laugh when I think about them are

The one when thier at the hospital and Kramer thinks theres a pigman in one of the rooms "a Pigman Jerry, PIGMAN!!"

Or the one were were George is going out with a girl with a big nose and Kramer just turns round to here out of nowhere and geos "well your as pretty as any other woman, just get a nose job" the look on the jerry and elaines face is gas.

Or I thought the episode with the mechanic Putty (I think hes one of the best secondary characters) in it when they go to the hockey game and Putty is a Devils fan and he paints his body red and paints his face like a devil. On the way back from the game (the devils are after winning and Puttys all hyped up) and he runs up to the cab with the preist in it and starts screaming in the window "Yeah!!! Devils!!! Yeah!!" classic stuff.

In The Smelly Car, where Kramer says to Jerry, "You stink"
    The way he says it, it's the little things like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

There's an episode where Kramer has given Elaine's number to some people to leave messages and it's a load of faxes instead and all she can hear is the schreeching noise on her phone.

Then the next day:
    Elaine-Hey, Kramer, I've got some messages for you!
    Kramer-Oh, what are they?
    Elaine-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Thats The Maid. Best line from that ep

Kramer: all iscolated from the world, paying scrub women for sexual favours, no I Jerry I won't be like you, I'll never be like you.

Here's that bit from The Burning:

New scene.
    Mt. Sanai Hospital. Kramer is on the table surrounded by med students.

Student #1: And are you experiencing any discomfort?

Kramer: Just a little burning during urination.

Student #1: Okay, any other pain?

Kramer: The haunting memories of lost love. May I? (signals to Mickey)
    Lights? (Mickey turns down the lights and Kramer lights a cigar) Our eyes met
    across the crowded hat store. I, a customer, and she a coquettish haberdasher.
    Oh, I pursued and she withdrew, then she pursued and I withdrew, and so we
    danced. I burned for her, much like the burning during urination that I would
    experience soon afterwards.

Student #1: Gonorrhea?!

Kramer: Gonorrhea!

The lab breaks out in spontaneous applause as Mickey turns up the lights and
    Kramer takes a bow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bania

The bit in the Merv Griffin show ep where George decides to test the deal with the pigeons by running into a crowd of them, but ends up trampling all over them in front of a horrified mother and child.

Also, the bit where George dates a girl who looks like Jerry in The Cartoon episode. When she cuts her hair into a style that looks just like Jerry's, George's reaction is priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

My favourite Seinfeld moment. Easy, when it got cancelled. That said, I do love Larry David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

When is the next DVD out ?

• Advertisement

I think it's May.. can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭ivan087

that episode when yer man goes to that place and sees your one, and then something happened, cant really remember now. anyway after whatever happened in that place someone said something about somebody when your one, whats her name, left that place to call the fat guy on the phone, only for that thing to happen when everybody was going somewhere, but nobody knew where ...thought that was really fcukin hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

ivan087 wrote:
    that episode when yer man goes to that place and sees your one, and then something happened, cant really remember now. anyway after whatever happened in that place someone said something about somebody when your one, whats her name, left that place to call the fat guy on the phone, only for that thing to happen when everybody was going somewhere, but nobody knew where ...thought that was really fcukin hilarious!
    I'll have what he's having...:D

Advertisement