Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Havana Tapas Bar

• 02-12-2005 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

Just down from The George there's the Havana Tapas Bar.

Nice food and pitchers of Heineken for 8 euro (at least I think that's what it was the last time I was in).

So anyone else go to this chilled out place? First time I was there me and 2 friends were looking for a seat and a drink ona busy Friday night in town. Went in there about eleven o'clock - no problem getting a table, really friendly waiting staff. Bit of food and a couple pitchers of beer. Great evening.

I wholeheartedly recommend it for a quiet night with a couple of mates.

(Just hope I haven't let the cat out of the bag here - it'll probably be jammed tonight now)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

not a bad spot, the original one off camden street is much smaller with a bit of a nicer athmosphere, if you are up that end of town..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

The original one is off Camden Street, which was very good.

I visited the George's St one and was appaled by the tininess of the portions, and the fact that most of the tapas was evidently frozen then microwaved (prawns only get that mushy through being frozen).

Service was ok, but food was inexcusably bad, andnot cheap.

Stick to the one off Camden Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

One off Camden Street you say? Must check that out.

Nights I've been in I was happy enough with the food. Mind you we were using them as something to have with our beer as opposed to going for a meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Terrible, terrible, terrible service! I simply cannot stress this enough. I was there on a Monday evening, it was not terribly busy. We were left to our own devices for 15 minutes before a member of staff approached us (or rather, until we were able to attract their attention).

Normally, I would have left at this stage but as my companion had been raving about how wonderful the place was, we stayed. He's gone right off it now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Terrible service? Really?

I found the staff were prompt and really friendly. They genuinely looked to be enjoying working there. I was last there on a Friday night, granted it was a while ago now and we were served about a minute after sitting down.

The place was quiet and one of the waitresses was catering for a full table at the back where she was waiting patiently with a digital camera to take a photo of whoever knocked the Jenga blocks. I like staff who'll do things like that for people.

• Advertisement

I was there on a Thursday and there's a sign that says "please wait to be seated". I duly waited about 5 minutes with nobody paying me any attention until eventually I went up and asked for a table. This kind of set the tone...

On another note, maybe I don't know something, but the whole joint was full, and I mean full, of Lesbian couples. Big earrings, knitted jumpers, walking boots, the works. Is this the new Lesbian hang-out? Were they all ejected from the IFI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

On another note, maybe I don't know something, but the whole joint was full, and I mean full, of Lesbian couples. Big earrings, knitted jumpers, walking boots, the works. Is this the new Lesbian hang-out? Were they all ejected from the IFI?

Well it is located between two gay bars!

I had a great time in the one on Grantham St. (off Camden St.) chilled and casual. Great for a few friends getting together.

Well it is located between two gay bars!

Duh! Yes, of course :o Hadn't really thought that one out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i prefer salamanca tbh! much nicer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

That place used to be called Flanagans, the best place in town to have a fry IMO. Gone for some fancy crappy 'tapas' bar.

Dublin's spirit: Where are you gone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement