Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Return of Saturday Night's Main Event

• 02-12-2005 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭

Just seen this:

http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=16167/articles/news

Obviously this is another attempt by Vince to generate a bit of excitement for the current brands by bringing back another old event, similar to the ECW one Night Stand and WWE Homecoming.
    I won't change what WWE currently has to offer in terms of stars, and obviously the long term future of the company should lay in developing and improving this generation's stars, but it may be a bit of fun if some of the old names associated with the glory days of SNME are brought back for a night or two.
    SNME, like the old "Big Four" of the late 80's/early 90's, was always exciting as it was the only time the big names actually wrestled each other, instead of some ham and egger on "Superstars" or "Wrestling Challenge".
    The dawning of Raw and In your House (Basically SNME by a different name) saw the end of this era that I personally fondly remember so having it back, even if it's only really using the name, should be entertaining.
    Anyone remember the old theme tune "Obsession" by Animotion?, or the closing theme was "Take Me Home" by Phil Collins? (Yes, Phil Collins I know, but it was fitting end credits music)
    My favorite SNME moment has always been the Jake Roberts/Kamala match, when Honky Tonk was disguised as Kamala's handler Kim Chee.He interfered and starting dropping elbow on the already Kamala-splashed Roberts, and as he unbuttoned his safari-style shirt to reveal his own Elvis jumpsuit underneath, Jesse Ventura commented - "Wow, what a snazzy dresser Kim Chee is!"
    And Kamala's partner Sika with the long Vienna roll which he intended putting Damien in, priceless stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

OMG I can't believe I actually had that tune buried away in the deepest archives of my Z: drive. They did an instrumental version just for SNME and I've searching for years for it, but sadly to no avail. Overall, WWF/WWE have used some great music down through the years. Pity they don't release that instead of having the superstars embarrass themselves and the fans with the likes of "WWE Originals"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

jerryadams wrote:
    OMG I can't believe I actually had that tune buried away in the deepest archives of my Z: drive. They did an instrumental version just for SNME and I've searching for years for it, but sadly to no avail. Overall, WWF/WWE have used some great music down through the years. Pity they don't release that instead of having the superstars embarrass themselves and the fans with the likes of "WWE Originals"...

Man, that was looped over a few times, I can do it for you if you like. I'm chuffed anyone else remembers it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Has anybody heard anything at all about Sky Sports getting this?

Advertisement